with CAY-477 there was described an enhancement of the ObjRelation, so that
an ordering can be configured.

I hoped it would be part of Release 3.0.1, because after that I could kick
my own workaround ...

Are there any plans in which relaease this will be included?

Thanx ...
-Juergen-

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Sep 30, 2010 at 12:14 pm
    All discussions of this feature have usually caused a certain amount of disagreement on how this should behave, so I guess this is why nobody committed it. Looking at the patch, I think its scope is narrow enough to not stir much controversy and we can probably apply it to 3.1 branch.

    At the same time don't see it going in 3.0.x, as it introduces a change in the mapping file structure (though backwards-compatible).

    Andrus

    with CAY-477 there was described an enhancement of the ObjRelation, so that
    an ordering can be configured.

    I hoped it would be part of Release 3.0.1, because after that I could kick
    my own workaround ...

    Are there any plans in which relaease this will be included?

    Thanx ...
    -Juergen-
  • Juergen Saar at Sep 30, 2010 at 2:17 pm
    Fine ..

    Is there already a time frame for Version 3.1?

    All discussions of this feature have usually caused a certain amount of
    disagreement on how this should behave, so I guess this is why nobody
    committed it. Looking at the patch, I think its scope is narrow enough to
    not stir much controversy and we can probably apply it to 3.1 branch.

    At the same time don't see it going in 3.0.x, as it introduces a change in
    the mapping file structure (though backwards-compatible).

    Andrus

    with CAY-477 there was described an enhancement of the ObjRelation, so that
    an ordering can be configured.

    I hoped it would be part of Release 3.0.1, because after that I could kick
    my own workaround ...

    Are there any plans in which relaease this will be included?

    Thanx ...
    -Juergen-
  • Andrus Adamchik at Sep 30, 2010 at 3:15 pm
    I think we are ready to do the first Alpha code-wise. Just need to update the user docs, as 3.1 is a significant redesign of the configuration and bootstrap mechanism : http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/main/trunk/docs/doc/src/main/resources/UPGRADE.txt

    Andrus

    Is there already a time frame for Version 3.1?

    All discussions of this feature have usually caused a certain amount of
    disagreement on how this should behave, so I guess this is why nobody
    committed it. Looking at the patch, I think its scope is narrow enough to
    not stir much controversy and we can probably apply it to 3.1 branch.

    At the same time don't see it going in 3.0.x, as it introduces a change in
    the mapping file structure (though backwards-compatible).

    Andrus

    with CAY-477 there was described an enhancement of the ObjRelation, so that
    an ordering can be configured.

    I hoped it would be part of Release 3.0.1, because after that I could kick
    my own workaround ...

    Are there any plans in which relaease this will be included?

    Thanx ...
    -Juergen-
  • Juergen Saar at Oct 1, 2010 at 5:46 am
    Again: Fine ...

    I think especially the ServerRuntime will be a great help for us ...

[...]

groupuser @
categoriescayenne
postedSep 30, '10 at 6:23a
activeOct 1, '10 at 5:46a
websitecayenne.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Juergen Saar: 3 posts Andrus Adamchik: 2 posts