I am running cayenne 1.2.4

I wonder if there is an easy explanation for this NPE.

I am deploying as a webapp with cayenne.jar and the mapping DataObjects and
mapping files packaged in a separate jar.

This setup usually works. On some context on production I see this NPE .

at
org.objectstyle.cayenne.property.BaseClassDescriptor.getDeclaredProperty(BaseClassDescriptor.java:173)

at
org.objectstyle.cayenne.property.BaseClassDescriptor.getProperty(BaseClassDescriptor.java:163)

at
org.objectstyle.cayenne.util.ObjectContextQueryAction.interceptRelationshipQuery(ObjectContextQueryAction.java:214)

at
org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContextQueryAction.execute(DataContextQueryAction.java:88)

at
org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.onQuery(DataContext.java:1423)
at
org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContext.performQuery(DataContext.java:1412)

at
org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContextFaults$ToOneFault.doResolveFault(DataContextFaults.java:144)

at
org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.DataContextFaults$ToOneFault.resolveFault(DataContextFaults.java:117)

at
org.objectstyle.cayenne.CayenneDataObject.readProperty(CayenneDataObject.java:245)

at
org.unodc.applications.cms.cayenne.auto._WebPage.getToWebPageState(_WebPage.java:457)

any idea? Is cayenne not finding its cayenne.xml inside the jar?

thanks a million.

Tobias

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Sep 8, 2010 at 5:23 pm
    Looks like the descriptor is not initialized for some reason. By now I don't remember all the internal details of the initialization cycle specific to v. 1.2, but my random guess is that (de)serialization is involved here? Other than that, figuring it out may require running the app in debugger.

    Andrus

[...]

groupuser @
categoriescayenne
postedSep 8, '10 at 11:07a