I recently converted a project which heavily uses data views from Cayenne
2.x to 3.x.

As far as I can tell I have everything working (at runtime) but the one
known problem is that the 3.x data view modeler does not properly load the
cayenne.xml. By not properly loading I mean that the dataview elements do
not show up at all. The map does show up in the Entity view but with no
children.

The cayenne.xml that I am trying to load is of course the one that I
converted by loading the 2.x version into the 3.x Cayenne modeler (the
regular modeler not the data view one) and allowing it to convert the
project.

FWIW the 3.x data view modeler DOES properly load the unconverted 2.x
cayenne.xml.

Has anyone been able to get this to work?

Thanks,

Mark

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Jun 5, 2010 at 1:20 am
    usual disclaimer about no support for DV in 3.0, but.. can you do a
    quick diff between 2.0 and 3.0 cayenne.xml version? Maybe that will
    give us some idea.

    Andrus
[...]

  • Mark Fraser at Jun 5, 2010 at 6:00 am
    Andrus,

    can you do a quick diff between 2.0 and 3.0 cayenne.xml version? Maybe that
    will give us some idea.
    I had done a diff and I guess the problem was so obvious I missed it the
    first time. The only notable difference is that the 3.0 cayenne.xml is
    missing the view element:

    <view name="dataview0" location="dataview0.view.xml" />

    I redid the conversion to verify that this is what happened the first time
    and that it didn't get taken out some other way.

    I manually added it in to the converted file and all appears to be working
    as it should.

    Should I report a bug about this? If so please let me know where I go to do
    this.

    Thanks for your help.

    Mark

[...]

  • Andrus Adamchik at Jun 5, 2010 at 1:11 pm
    I guess since we kept a map of DV locations in the Configuration
    object, preserving it on save is probably the right thing to do
    (making it a bug). You may open a bug report here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY
    If you can also submit a patch fixing the issue using Jira, it will
    have a much higher chance of making it to 3.0.x release.

    Andrus

    On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 9:19 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org
[...]

groupuser @
categoriescayenne
postedJun 4, '10 at 10:29p
activeJun 5, '10 at 1:11p
websitecayenne.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Andrus Adamchik: 2 posts Mark Fraser: 2 posts