Grokbase Groups Cayenne user May 2010
The Cayenne team are thrilled to announce the availability of Cayenne 3.0. Over the last few years a vast number of improvements have gone into Cayenne 3, and this release is already in use in large corporate installations, universities and other businesses driving web sites and other software.

This upgrade is recommended for all users of Cayenne. An overview of the major changes in 3.0 is available: http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/guide-to-30-features.html

Programmers who haven't used Cayenne before will find it a powerful and easy to use ORM, distinguished from other ORM tools by a clean and intuitive API, powerful three tier (ROP) option, flexible caching, a GUI modeler tool and much more. Cayenne is extremely stable; its huge suite of tests and long history mean that it is fast and reliable.

Programmers on this list who've been following Cayenne for some time are probably very familiar with version 3. If you've been working with the release candidates, just drop this final release into your project and keep working. There is nothing new compared to RC3 apart from a shiny new 'final' sticker.

http://cayenne.apache.org/download.html

The Cayenne team

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

  • Laurent Marchal at May 6, 2010 at 3:43 pm
    Just a word : Awesome !

    Great job guys, and thank you.

    Laurent Marchal

[...]

  • Borut Bolčina at May 6, 2010 at 6:54 pm
    Congratulations and thanks for all the hard work!

[...]

  • Joe Baldwin at May 6, 2010 at 7:10 pm
    I agree, excellent work! Cayenne is clearly the best ORM available.

[...]

  • Tore Halset at May 6, 2010 at 8:38 pm
    Congratulation on the hard and good work!

    We have been using 3.0 milestones, release candidates and beta for a long time and it has been rock solid. We use Cayenne in our software to handle selling, buying, quality check and distribution of nautical charts to cruise ships, navies, pilots and harbors.

    Thank you very much!

    Regards
    - Tore.
[...]

  • Marek Šabo at May 7, 2010 at 12:19 am
    Congratulations on your milestone in this "state of art" ORM!

    --
    Marek Šabo
  • Malcolm Edgar at May 7, 2010 at 12:22 am

    Love Cayenne, just love it.
    Congratulations on your milestone in this "state of art" ORM!

    --
    Marek Šabo

  • Jin Xu at May 7, 2010 at 12:44 am
    Thanks to all the workers ! ! ! !
  • Gary Jarrel at May 7, 2010 at 12:45 am
    Thank you guys... job well done!!!
  • Gyhe at May 7, 2010 at 6:50 am
    That's very great! Congratulations.

    By the way, what will be the major changes in the next version?

    On Fri, 07 May 2010 01:31:31 +1000
[...]

    Guangyu HE, Depart.of Electrical Engineering,Tsinghua
    Univ.,Beijing,100084,P.R.China
  • Aristedes Maniatis at May 7, 2010 at 7:44 am