Hi All,

We have a scenario where a connection pool is "leaking" connections,
i.e. they are being held by the application and not being closed.
Overtime the connection pool is slowly becoming exhausted which will
lead to application errors.

Looking at this from the database side SQL Server we can see the
connections and the last query executed, which was a pool query to
check whether the connection is valid. So it appears that the
connection is obtained from the pool (DataSource), but never used or
closed.

The application server is JBoss 4.0.3 using JRockit JVM 1.5.

Do anyone have any good approaches for diagnosing the cause of the
potential "leak".

regards Malcolm Edgar

Search Discussions

  • Marco Gattei at Apr 6, 2010 at 1:34 pm
    Once i had some problems with jboss 4.0.3
    Look at

    http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossweb/freezone/docs/latest/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html#Common%20Problems

    "Preventing dB connection pool leaks"

    and

    http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/configuration.html

    But turn out to be problems in application.... i didn't correctli closed
    connecction --> prepared statement --> result Set. cousing the leak

    Hope this helps

    Marco

    Malcolm Edgar ha scritto:
    Hi All,

    We have a scenario where a connection pool is "leaking" connections,
    i.e. they are being held by the application and not being closed.
    Overtime the connection pool is slowly becoming exhausted which will
    lead to application errors.

    Looking at this from the database side SQL Server we can see the
    connections and the last query executed, which was a pool query to
    check whether the connection is valid. So it appears that the
    connection is obtained from the pool (DataSource), but never used or
    closed.

    The application server is JBoss 4.0.3 using JRockit JVM 1.5.

    Do anyone have any good approaches for diagnosing the cause of the
    potential "leak".

    regards Malcolm Edgar

groupuser @
categoriescayenne
postedApr 6, '10 at 1:23p
activeApr 6, '10 at 1:34p
websitecayenne.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Malcolm Edgar: 1 post Marco Gattei: 1 post