I have created custom type in Java by extending AbstractType and added same
to existing types (SQL Server). This is the primary key. Java type is
CustomUuid and DB type is Binary (16). Also I am performing select
operation. Everything worked fine till I started using pagination. I got
below error when I used pagination

INFO QueryLogger: SELECT t0.amstat, t0.aorigin, t0.col1, t0.col2, t0.col3,
t0.col4, t0.id, t0.label, t0.lrundate, t0.ptstat, t0.rcstat, t0.sdstat,
t0.state, t0.tlevel, t0.usage_list FROM allcomputers t0 WHERE (t0.id = ?) OR
(t0.id = ?) [bind: [com.xx.cayenne.util.CustomUuid:
b06a638b06cca449bffd7049cc389847], [com.xx.cayenne.util.CustomUuid:
771a7f8b57006744b47d541bd5a796a5]]
INFO QueryLogger: *** error.
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The Java type
com.ca.cayenne.util.CustomUuid is not a supported type.
at
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(Unknown
Source)
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.cayenne.CayenneRuntimeException:
[v.2.0.4 October 8 2007] Query exception.
at
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.AppDTVImpl$SetValueOp.executeDefault(Unknown
Source)
at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.DTV.executeOp(Unknown
Source).............................

Am I missing something here???

Is pagination allowed when Custom type is set as primary key?

I am using Cayenne 2.0 (latest). Thanks in advance.

  • Michael Gentry at Feb 26, 2010 at 1:36 pm
    I used custom PKs (and a custom PK generator) on a previous project
    that was based upon Cayenne 2.0. My PKs were 96-bit binary, so I'm
    sure a 16-bit binary would work. I never tried pagination, though.

    Are you sure you are having a problem with pagination? Your SELECT
    statement only shows 2 IDs, but I suppose your list could be small.

    mrg

[...]

  • Andrus Adamchik at Feb 26, 2010 at 1:54 pm
    I would also recommend trying it with Cayenne 3.0, as the pagination
    code in 3.0 was significantly rewritten.

    Andrus
[...]

  • Sudheer at Feb 27, 2010 at 4:22 am
    Thanks for the reply..

    Sure I will take look with Cayenne 3.0. Actually I want to take the stable
    relase.

    With custom type as PK everything worked for except pagination. I have small
    demo database and tried with page size 2.

    In 2.0 is there a problem with pagination when custom type is used as PK?
  • Andrus Adamchik at Feb 27, 2010 at 8:17 am