Cayenne 3.0 Release Candidate 1 has arrived. We are well on the track for a final release very soon now. In fact there are no known issues at all which haven't been already fixed for the upcoming next release candidate.

A few fixes have been made between beta 1 and RC1 and you can see them here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY/fixforversion/12314338

It is currently expected that RC2 will be the final release for Cayenne 3, unless something unexpected turns up. We've said it before, but now is really a good time for you to try Cayenne 3 in your project. If you want a team of motivated developers to quickly jump on any issues you find, you need to tell us as soon as possible so we can address it before the release.

An overview of the major changes in 3.0 is available:

http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/guide-to-30-features.html

We have a simple upgrade guide for users of previous releases:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/main/tags/3.0RC1/docs/doc/src/main/resources/UPGRADE.txt

Please give Cayenne 3 a spin. It will make your programming work 28% more enjoyable...

http://cayenne.apache.org/download.html

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

  • Laurent Marchal at Jan 6, 2010 at 9:02 am
    Hello,

    Congratulations for this release candidate ! I had an issue quite
    some time ago now which does not seem to appear in the known issue list
    for the 3.0 release : https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-1112
    <CAY-1112>
    Maybe I reported it wrong in JIRA ?

    Thanks.
    Laurent Marchal.

[...]

  • Malcolm Edgar at Jan 6, 2010 at 9:18 am
    Great news guys, thanks for all the hard work. Will there be any publicity
    push or will this wait for 3.0 final?

    regards Malcolm Edgar
[...]

  • Aristedes Maniatis at Jan 6, 2010 at 9:21 am