Hello. I used to be an active cayenne user but I've been away from web-app
development for over a year. I'm back into it now and trying out Cayenne
3.0.

I tried to add the cayenne source as an eclipse project so I could
single-step into it occasionally. Some of the imports appear to be
JDK-6-dependent, such as java.sql.NClob and SQLXML. What's the recommended
practice? Install both versions 5 and 6 of the JDK?

Thanks,
Bryan Lewis

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Mar 16, 2009 at 3:44 pm
    Hi Bryan,

    welcome back.

    The easiest thing I guess is to check things out from SVN. There's
    only one java 6 dependent module, which is marked as such (cayenne-
    jdk1.6-unpublished). For most applications you'd only need to import
    "cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished" module anyways.

    Andrus
    Hello. I used to be an active cayenne user but I've been away from
    web-app development for over a year. I'm back into it now and trying
    out Cayenne 3.0.

    I tried to add the cayenne source as an eclipse project so I could
    single-step into it occasionally. Some of the imports appear to be
    JDK-6-dependent, such as java.sql.NClob and SQLXML. What's the
    recommended practice? Install both versions 5 and 6 of the JDK?

    Thanks,
    Bryan Lewis
  • Bryan Lewis at Mar 16, 2009 at 6:10 pm
    I'm confused. For example, the jdk1.5-unpublished directory contains a
    class ConnectionWrapper which imports java.sql.NClob, a JDK-1.6 class.

    The easiest thing I guess is to check things out from SVN. There's only one
    java 6 dependent module, which is marked as such
    (cayenne-jdk1.6-unpublished). For most applications you'd only need to
    import "cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished" module anyways.

    Andrus

    Hello. I used to be an active cayenne user but I've been away from web-app
    development for over a year. I'm back into it now and trying out Cayenne
    3.0.

    I tried to add the cayenne source as an eclipse project so I could
    single-step into it occasionally. Some of the imports appear to be
    JDK-6-dependent, such as java.sql.NClob and SQLXML. What's the recommended
    practice? Install both versions 5 and 6 of the JDK?

    Thanks,
    Bryan Lewis
  • Andrey Razumovsky at Mar 16, 2009 at 6:43 pm
    Yes, but those missing classes are in jdbc4-compat dependency

    On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org
    The easiest thing I guess is to check things out from SVN. There's only one
    java 6 dependent module, which is marked as such
    (cayenne-jdk1.6-unpublished). For most applications you'd only need to
    import "cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished" module anyways.

    Andrus

    Hello. I used to be an active cayenne user but I've been away from
    web-app
    development for over a year. I'm back into it now and trying out Cayenne
    3.0.

    I tried to add the cayenne source as an eclipse project so I could
    single-step into it occasionally. Some of the imports appear to be
    JDK-6-dependent, such as java.sql.NClob and SQLXML. What's the
    recommended
    practice? Install both versions 5 and 6 of the JDK?

    Thanks,
    Bryan Lewis

groupuser @
categoriescayenne