Milestone 5 marks another set of major achievements for the Cayenne
ORM library. A successful GSoC project resulted in lots of very useful
improvements to the Cayenne Modeler. It is looking better than ever,
with time saving features such as autocomplete, copy/paste, syntax
colouring and much more. Cayenne core has had a host of bug fixes to
ROP and EJBQL in particular, but also fixes and new features across
many areas. Database reverse engineering is also considerably improved.

As always, continue to use Cayenne 2 if you want a stable release with
a proven history, however Cayenne 3 is in use in a number of live
commercial deployments with great success and stability. As we getting
closer to the final 3.0 release, there aren't any API changes in
3.0M5, so upgrading from 3.0M4 should be painless. We recommend all
users of 3.0 milestones upgrade to this release. If you are upgrading
from 2.x, then please read the release notes [1].

M5 Release notes [2]
Download [3]

Please send us your feedback, bug reports and feature requests. We've
enjoyed creating this release and we hope it helps you create exciting
websites, applications and tools.

[1] http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/guide-to-30-features.html
[2] https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10000&styleName=Html&version=10120
[3] http://cayenne.apache.org/download.html

Ari Maniatis

Search Discussions

  • Theresa Stewart at Dec 15, 2008 at 2:34 pm
    Congratulations!

    Theresa Stewart
    Software Programmer

    Software & Management Associates
    3939 Glade Valley Drive, Suite 200
    Kingwood, Texas 77339-2060

    281-446-5000
    281-312-6627 Direct Voice
    281-312-6674 Direct Fax
    www.smausa.com tstewart@smausa.com
    OpCon/xps - "The Universal Remote of Event-Driven Automation"

[...]

  • Laurent Marchal at Dec 15, 2008 at 4:57 pm
    Nice news, I will try that soon !

    Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
[...]

  • Malcolm Edgar at Dec 16, 2008 at 3:15 am
    Fantastic guys, I can't wait to try it out.

    It has been great to see the Cayenne project and team grow, and the
    very high level of quality you are achieving with this framework.

    regards Malcolm Edgar
[...]

  • Borut Bolčina at Dec 16, 2008 at 7:33 am
    Congratulations to all team members!!!

    -Borut

[...]

  • Florin T.PATRASCU at Dec 16, 2008 at 1:28 pm
    Congratulations!!!!!

    We moved from Hibernate to Cayenne and never look back since then.

    Awesome project and awesome team!

    V/r
    -florin

    --

[...]