I've noticed that in the release notes for 3.0M4, it indicates that
CAY-560 has been implemented (support for outer joins).
Looking at the JIRA page for CAY-560
(http://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-560), it mostly seems to
talk about Expression.fromString() support.
However, reading this page
(http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/guide-to-30-features.html) indicates that
"/as of M4 there is no Expression.fromString() support)/.".

So: Is there support for outer joins in 3.0M4? If so, how do I actually
create an expression that uses outer joins, as there is no
Expression.fromString() support? Are there new ExpressionFactory methods?

Thanks!

Mike Shea.

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Aug 29, 2008 at 3:43 pm
    It is in M4, this docs page is wrong. The following oage explains how
    to build epxressions matching on outer joins:

    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/path-expressions.html

    Andrus
    I've noticed that in the release notes for 3.0M4, it indicates that
    CAY-560 has been implemented (support for outer joins).
    Looking at the JIRA page for CAY-560 (http://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-560
    ), it mostly seems to talk about Expression.fromString() support.
    However, reading this page (http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/guide-to-30-features.html
    ) indicates that "/as of M4 there is no Expression.fromString()
    support)/.".

    So: Is there support for outer joins in 3.0M4? If so, how do I
    actually create an expression that uses outer joins, as there is no
    Expression.fromString() support? Are there new ExpressionFactory
    methods?

    Thanks!

    Mike Shea.

groupuser @
categoriescayenne
postedAug 29, '08 at 3:36p
activeAug 29, '08 at 3:43p
websitecayenne.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Michael Shea: 1 post Andrus Adamchik: 1 post