Grokbase Groups Cayenne user May 2008

I'm getting the next error (using cayenne 2.04):

Can't perform lookup. There is more than one ObjEntity mapped to class cl.mydomain.User.

The model was created with the cayenne 2.04 modeler, and that is the tool i'am using for maintenance.
Moreover i've checked the model manually, and the class isn't double mapped.

Can anyone give me some help ?

I've tried using 3.0 libraries, and the error don't show up.

-- The problem is that i'am force to use 2.04 and can't move to 3.0 --

Atte
Hans

  • Andrus Adamchik at May 5, 2008 at 8:29 am
    Hi Hans,

    This may be a genuine error (i.e. you do have two entities that are
    mapped to the same Java class). Although the fact that it goes away in
    3.0 makes me wonder if there is a bug in 2.0.4 EntityResolver. In 3.0
    it is much more robust to various cross-ClassLoader and arbitrary
    naming issues. So check that only one entity is mapped to
    cl.mydomain.User class, and we'll go from there.

    Thanks,
    Andrus

    I'm getting the next error (using cayenne 2.04):

    Can't perform lookup. There is more than one ObjEntity mapped to
    class cl.mydomain.User.

    The model was created with the cayenne 2.04 modeler, and that is the
    tool i'am using for maintenance.
    Moreover i've checked the model manually, and the class isn't double
    mapped.

    Can anyone give me some help ?

    I've tried using 3.0 libraries, and the error don't show up.

    -- The problem is that i'am force to use 2.04 and can't move to 3.0 --

    Atte
    Hans

  • Andrus Adamchik at May 5, 2008 at 8:35 am
    Umm, sorry you already said that you don't have doubly mapped class...
    So what environment are you using for deployment? I am wondering if
    there is some special ClassLoader setup involved.

    Andrus

    --

    Atte
    Hans

  • Hans Poo at May 5, 2008 at 12:36 pm
    Hi,

    I'm using click 1.4 with cayenne 2.04.

    The whole problem is this: when i begun working with click an cayenne, i installed/copy the
    libraries manually, and used cayenne 3.0.

    Latter on, i wanted to use the standard click 1.4 pack (with cayenne 2.04 included), but i was
    forced to keep cayenne 3.0 libraries and cayenne.xml due to regression problems.

    Actually i would like to use a fresh click install because logs and the automatic restart of
    sessions, aren't working as expected. The only way seems to move to cayenne 2.04, or solve manually
    my worst problem: "I have to restart twice the server on every code modification because
    unavailability of data context in session restoring".

    Thank you for your time
    Hans

    On Mon, 5 May 2008 11:34:34 +0300, Andrus Adamchik wrote
[...]

  • Andrus Adamchik at May 5, 2008 at 12:57 pm
    Any reason why you can't use Cayenne 3.0 with Click? (I know it is
    tested with 2.0, but I'd imagine it will happily work with 3.0 as
    well...or not?)

    Andrus
[...]

  • Hans Poo at May 5, 2008 at 1:36 pm
    Andrus,

    I don't think that there were to be problems, we actually are working with click 1.4 and cayenne
    3.0, but we are having trouble with the deserialization process.

    I must aggregate that we aren't very experienced with java, and we would prefer the framework as it
    comes.

    Thank you again
    Hans

    On Mon, 5 May 2008 15:57:17 +0300, Andrus Adamchik wrote
[...]

groupuser @
categoriescayenne
postedMay 3, '08 at 2:01p
activeMay 5, '08 at 1:36p
websitecayenne.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Hans Poo: 3 posts Andrus Adamchik: 3 posts