I have a subclass of an CayenneDataObject class.
However, when it is instantiated in an osgi environment, an
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError exception is thrown.

Does Cayenne creates any new class at runtime that is used by the
CayenneDataObject instance? The reason I need to know this, is because OSGi
requires the dependencies of the new instance to be know and set.

Regards,
James

  • Andrus Adamchik at Dec 10, 2007 at 5:38 pm
    I know next to nothing about osgi environment, but Cayenne does not
    create any runtime classes. What you have at compile time, you get at
    runtime. Nothing more. (unless you are playing with JPA, which you
    didn't mention).

    Andrus
    I have a subclass of an CayenneDataObject class.
    However, when it is instantiated in an osgi environment, an
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError exception is thrown.

    Does Cayenne creates any new class at runtime that is used by the
    CayenneDataObject instance? The reason I need to know this, is
    because OSGi
    requires the dependencies of the new instance to be know and set.

    Regards,
    James
  • James yong at Dec 11, 2007 at 3:02 pm
    Hi Andrus,

    Thanks. I am not using JPA. Following your reply, i am able to narrow down
    to the root of the problem which is not cayenne.

    Regards,
    James