I'm trying out Cayenne to use on a project and I got the persistence API to
run fine, but ROP is giving me some headache. I am using version 3.0 of
Cayenne, and when I try to run maven, it complains about missing
dependencies that cannot be found in any of the repositories. I am using
the latest maven (2.0.7). I am not super familiar with Maven. I feel like
I am missing something basic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Tarik

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin

Reason: POM 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin' not found in
repo
sitory: Unable to download the artifact from any repository

org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:pom:2.0-ALPHA-1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
mergere (http://repo.mergere.com/maven2),
apache-snapshot-repo (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
),
apache-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/),
central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
for project org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 2 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Sun Oct 21 17:12:37 EDT 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 5M/9M
[INFO]

  • Andrus Adamchik at Oct 22, 2007 at 6:58 am
    Hi Tarik,

    what are you building with Maven? Cayenne or your tutorial project?
    This is not quite clear from your email.

    Thanks
    Andrus

[...]

  • Tarik Cherkaoui at Oct 23, 2007 at 2:05 am
    Hi Andrus, building the tutorial, when running mvn eclipse:eclipse on this
    page:
    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/remote-object-persistence-tutorial-setup.html
[...]

  • Aristedes Maniatis at Oct 23, 2007 at 3:01 am