Von: Gilberto C Andrade
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 6. September 2007 17:32
An: user@cayenne.apache.org
Betreff: Postgresql 8.2 and cayenne 2.0.3 - idle connections

Hi all!

After following some tips from here:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.cayenne.user/8360, we finally
put our webapp in production:

server: jboss-4.0.2
server: postgresql 8.2

PesquisaDataDominioNode.driver.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<driver project-version="2.0" class="org.postgresql.Driver">
<url value="jdbc:postgresql://hostname:5432/bcoproducao"/>
<connectionPool min="5" max="10" />
<login userName="pesquisa_user" password="senha"/>
</driver>

While using the application we see that the connections are superior
than max=10. But this haven't caused any problem.

So, after one second deploy (I think is redeploy) on jboss we see that
those opened idle connections (about 30) stay there without been used
and when the app starts we see new connections(5) which are used.

Did anyone have seen this behavior before?

Thanks for any tip!

Gilberto
www.secad.to.gov.br

groupuser @