I'm using Cayenne (2.0.2) with the apache web server (5.5.20) and I'm
facing to the following problem.

When apache does an automatic deploy, all objects are serialized /
deserialized without any error.

But after that, when the code accesses a cayenne persistent object
(member variable of a jsf backing bean), the following problem occurs:

at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextQueryAction.interceptPaginatedQuery
(DataContextQueryAction.java:91)

at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextQueryAction.execute(DataContextQuer
yAction.java:50)

at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.onQuery(DataContext.java:1387)

at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext.performQuery(DataContext.java:1376
)

at
org.apache.cayenne.access.ToManyList.resolvedObjectList(ToManyList.java:
307)

at
org.apache.cayenne.access.ToManyList.size(ToManyList.java:260)

at
com.sideinternational.web.profiling.group.GroupEditor.save(GroupEditor.j
ava:246)

at
a:39)

at
Impl.java:25)

at
org.apache.myfaces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke(MethodBindingImpl.java:13
2)

For information, the following code throws that exception (the call to
the size() method) :

List itemsToRemove = m_editableGroup.getGroupContentArray();

for (int i=0; i < itemsToRemove.size(); i++)

Note: Child data context and ObjectEntities are stored in a serializable
jsf backing bean.

Thank you for your help.

Marc Gabriel

Search Discussions

  • Marc Gabriel-Willem at Mar 14, 2007 at 12:22 pm
    Hi,

[...]

    List itemsToRemove = m_editableGroup.getGroupContentArray();

    for (int i=0; i < itemsToRemove.size(); i++)

    Note: Child data context and ObjectEntities are stored in a serializable
    jsf backing bean.

    Thank you for your help.

    Marc Gabriel
  • Andrus Adamchik at Mar 14, 2007 at 1:27 pm
    Hi Marc,
    I'm using Cayenne (2.0.2) with the apache web server (5.5.20) and I'm
    facing to the following problem.
    You mean Tomcat, not apache web server (which would be httpd)?

    When apache does an automatic deploy, all objects are serialized /
    deserialized without any error.

    But after that, when the code accesses a cayenne persistent object
    (member variable of a jsf backing bean), the following problem occurs:
    Does it also happen on clean redeploy? I.e. you shut down Tomcat,
    replace the war, and start Tomcat. Or is this a symptom of hot deploy
    on the running server?

    Andrus

[...]

    sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
    (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.jav
    a:39)

    at
    sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
    (DelegatingMethodAccessor
    Impl.java:25)

    at
    org.apache.myfaces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke
    (MethodBindingImpl.java:13
    2)

    For information, the following code throws that exception (the call to
    the size() method) :

    List itemsToRemove = m_editableGroup.getGroupContentArray();

    for (int i=0; i < itemsToRemove.size(); i++)

    Note: Child data context and ObjectEntities are stored in a
    serializable
    jsf backing bean.

    Thank you for your help.

    Marc Gabriel