Hi -

I'm trying to import an EOModel with cayenne Modeler and i'm getting
the exception pasted below. ABSTRACT_FOP is a table that has a super
entity and 2 sub entities mapped to it.

Is it not possible to import an EOModel that has single-table
inheritance ?

Thanks, Simon

CayenneModeler Info
Version: 2.0.2
Build Date: January 14 2007
Exception:
=================================
org.apache.cayenne.CayenneRuntimeException: [v.2.0.2 January 14 2007]
One and only one entity should be mapped to ABSTRACT_FOP. Instead
found : 3
at org.apache.cayenne.wocompat.EOModelProcessor.makeFlatRelationships
(EOModelProcessor.java:661)
at org.apache.cayenne.wocompat.EOModelProcessor.loadEOModel
(EOModelProcessor.java:171)
at org.apache.cayenne.wocompat.EOModelProcessor.loadEOModel
(EOModelProcessor.java:117)
at
org.apache.cayenne.modeler.action.ImportEOModelAction.importEOModel
(ImportEOModelAction.java:125)
at
org.apache.cayenne.modeler.action.ImportEOModelAction.performAction
(ImportEOModelAction.java:89)
at org.apache.cayenne.modeler.util.CayenneAction.actionPerformed
(CayenneAction.java:163)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed
(AbstractButton.java:1882)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed
(AbstractButton.java:2202)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed
(DefaultButtonModel.java:420)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:
258)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:334)
at apple.laf.ScreenMenuItem.actionPerformed(ScreenMenuItem.java:104)
at java.awt.MenuItem.processActionEvent(MenuItem.java:597)
at java.awt.MenuItem.processEvent(MenuItem.java:556)
at java.awt.MenuComponent.dispatchEventImpl(MenuComponent.java:298)
at java.awt.MenuComponent.dispatchEvent(MenuComponent.java:286)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy
(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy
(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:
184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:
176)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Mar 5, 2007 at 11:16 am
    Hi Simon,

    Looking at the code, it fails not because of single-table
    inheritance, but still I think this is a bug in Cayenne. Could you
    please open a bug report and attach your EOModel to it - I'd like to
    investigate more.

    http://issues.apache.org/cayenne/

    Thanks
    Andrus

[...]

    (EventDispatchThread.java:176)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)

  • Simon McLean at Mar 5, 2007 at 12:10 pm
    Hi Andrus - It's on there: CAY-764

[...]

  • Andrus Adamchik at Mar 9, 2007 at 12:49 pm
    Fixed - check out the snapshot build of 2.0 that I posted here:

    http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/nightly/03092007/

    Andrus

[...]

  • Simon McLean at Mar 9, 2007 at 12:54 pm
    Thanks Andrus. I'm downloading it now.

    If only apple would respond to radar's about eomodeler as quick as
    that...!!

    Simon

[...]

groupuser @
categoriescayenne
postedMar 4, '07 at 6:10p
activeMar 9, '07 at 12:54p
websitecayenne.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Simon McLean: 3 posts Andrus Adamchik: 2 posts