Some time ago we extended BigDecimal to our own Money subclass (which
maintains two decimal points of scale amongst other things). However
when we tried to add that directly to Cayenne an exception occurred
in Hessian (we are using ROP three tier). http://thread.gmane.org/
gmane.comp.java.cayenne.user/5998/focus=6005

Is there any conceptual reason why this should not work? I'd have
thought that in theory any class could be mapped to a field in
Cayenne, as long as it could be serialised and the JDBC adaptor can
successfully translate the class or its superclass to SQL.

Cheers
Ari

-------------------------->
ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001

  • Andrus Adamchik at Feb 5, 2007 at 1:20 pm
    IIRC the problem wasn't in JDBC or Cayenne per se. It was "shortcuts"
    taken by Hessian serialization (don't recall the exact details). It
    is worth trying it again with the new version of hessian that we are
    using now.

    Andrus

    Some time ago we extended BigDecimal to our own Money subclass
    (which maintains two decimal points of scale amongst other things).
    However when we tried to add that directly to Cayenne an exception
    occurred in Hessian (we are using ROP three tier). http://
    thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.cayenne.user/5998/focus=6005

    Is there any conceptual reason why this should not work? I'd have
    thought that in theory any class could be mapped to a field in
    Cayenne, as long as it could be serialised and the JDBC adaptor can
    successfully translate the class or its superclass to SQL.

    Cheers
    Ari

    ish
    http://www.ish.com.au
    phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001

groupuser @
categoriescayenne
postedFeb 4, '07 at 12:41a
activeFeb 5, '07 at 1:20p