I would like to know what does the option "Max. Number of Objects" in the "Cache Configuration" part of the modeler really means. Is it the number of objects in the cache or the number of instances for each database object (table/view...) ? What makes we wonder is that I leave the default value (1000) configured but in a profiler it looks like that I have over 100000 objects in the cache.

What I also saw is that the default value wasn't written to the cayenne.xml file but a different value was. So my question is what happens when no cache size is configured ? Is the default value used or an unlimited cache size ?

Thanks, Lothar
http://smartsurfer.web.de/?mc=100071&distributionid=000000000071

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Jul 26, 2006 at 1:32 pm

    I would like to know what does the option "Max. Number of Objects"
    in the "Cache Configuration" part of the modeler really means.
    This is the number of database row snapshots kept in the cache. They
    are used internally in three cases, preventing a database fetch:

    * when objects are searched by PK
    * when to-one relationships are resolved
    * as a baseline for comparison of a modified object when building an
    update query (this one became redundant in 1.2, and will probably be
    replaced with a different algorithm).

    Is it the number of objects in the cache or the number of instances
    for each database object (table/view...) ? What makes we wonder is
    that I leave the default value (1000)
    more accurately this is 10000.
    configured but in a profiler it looks like that I have over 100000
    objects in the cache.
    10000 is the upper limit on the number of entries in
    DataRowStore.snapshots map. Is this the one you are looking at?

    What I also saw is that the default value wasn't written to the
    cayenne.xml file but a different value was. True.
    So my question is what happens when no cache size is configured ?
    Is the default value used or an unlimited cache size ?
    Default value should be used.

    Andrus

groupuser @
categoriescayenne