Apache Cayenne is a Java persistence framework. It takes a distinct
approach to object persistence and provides an ORM runtime, remote
persistence services, and a GUI mapping/modeling tool.
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
The project released version 3.1.1 (stable branch) to fix bugs, while
continuing development on 4.0 (alpha branch). Many changes were made to
4.0 the past quarter for the Remote Object Persistence (ROP) layer of
Cayenne to make it more modular and allow swapping serialization protocols.
These changes will continue as ROP and other features are fleshed out for
the 4.0 release.
## Health report:
Cayenne is still under active development and mailing list activity
indicates we have an active and stable community.
## PMC changes:
- Currently 8 PMC members.
- Savva Kolbachev was added to the PMC on Tue Apr 12 2016.
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 20 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months.
- Last committer addition was Savva Kolbachev at Mon Jan 19 2015.
- Last release was 3.1.1, a maintenance release, on May 16, 2016.
## Mailing list activity:
User and Developer mailing list activity has been healthy. There were many
interesting and useful conversations on the User list, including many
helpful responses from non-PMC/Committer members which indicates broad
community interest in the project and assisting others. The Developer list
hosted many robust conversations over the ROP changes and future
features/changes for Cayenne Modeler.
- 122 subscribers (up 1 in the last 3 months).
- 120 emails sent to list (165 in previous quarter).
- 241 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months).
- 189 emails sent to list (145 in previous quarter).
## JIRA activity:
- 23 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months.
- 14 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months.