So our git switchover is finally having tangible benefits - we can use GitHub pull requests from contributors. I just processed one per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1942 . Very nice and easy for people who want to send patches to Cayenne.

We need to document the details eventually. The best docs that I found are from Mahout project:

https://mahout.apache.org/developers/github.html

We’ll need something similar.

I still haven’t seen Jira integration working per https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/improved_integration_between_apache_and . Perhaps we need to ping infra to clarify how this works.

Even without this, the new process is much easier for everyone, so I am excited :)

Andrus

Search Discussions

  • Aristedes Maniatis at Aug 15, 2014 at 12:22 am
    How do we go about closing the pull request? Does the submitter have to do it themselves? Will we end up with a litter of unclosed requests?

    Ari

    --
    Aristedes Maniatis

    Andrus
[...]

  • Andrus Adamchik at Aug 15, 2014 at 7:22 am
    And need to check if this trick works: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23015168/how-to-close-a-github-pull-request-with-a-commit-comment
[...]

  • Andrus Adamchik at Aug 18, 2014 at 11:27 am