So Andrus,

Going back to a conversation we had many years ago (and I'm too lazy
to find the thread), we had talked about the OS X version of Cayenne
Modeler and how I had checked in some changes which move the
About/Preferences/etc menus to where they belonged for an OS X
application. It turns out if you run CM using the Maven plugin, those
menu options are not available. I suppose the best way to fix this is
to check if running as a .app and then move the menu items, otherwise
leave them alone?

mrg

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Oct 15, 2012 at 6:38 pm
    Hi Mike,

    Actually I refactored the launchers and the menu inclusion/exclusion logic some time ago, so now we have a set of platform launchers, and no if/else choices on startup. I guess we'll need to rewrite the plugin to start the Modeler via 'GenericMain' from 'cayenne-modeler-generic-ext' module. It includes the prefs menu. We'll also need to remove this piece from 'cayenne-modeler-generic-ext' POM, to ensure it gets deployed to central on next release:

    <build>
    <plugins>
    <plugin>
    <artifactId>maven-deploy-plugin</artifactId>
    <configuration>
    <skip>true</skip>
    </configuration>
    </plugin>
    </plugins>
    </build>

    Andrus
    Going back to a conversation we had many years ago (and I'm too lazy
    to find the thread), we had talked about the OS X version of Cayenne
    Modeler and how I had checked in some changes which move the
    About/Preferences/etc menus to where they belonged for an OS X
    application. It turns out if you run CM using the Maven plugin, those
    menu options are not available. I suppose the best way to fix this is
    to check if running as a .app and then move the menu items, otherwise
    leave them alone?

    mrg
  • Michael Gentry at Oct 15, 2012 at 8:03 pm
    I haven't looked at that part of the code in a while. Are you
    thinking fix for 3.0, too? I normally wouldn't care, but I've learned
    the hard way that sometimes you can't download the regular modeler due
    to corporate firewalls/etc, but you can sneak the Maven version
    through because they allow access to the Maven repository.

    Thanks,

    mrg

[...]

  • Andrus Adamchik at Oct 16, 2012 at 6:02 am
    It is not available on 3.0. The feature was added per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1474 , targeting 3.1. Not even sure it is easily portable to 3.0 ("easily" as in applying a patch from another branch), as the Modeler is now also DI-based, so startup algorithm is somewhat different.

    Andrus
[...]

  • Michael Gentry at Oct 16, 2012 at 11:54 am
    Yeah, I was noticing the differences between the two branches. I was
    just wondering if it might be worth the effort to put a conditional in
    the 3.0 startup to see if the OS X version was running from the .app
    wrapper for people still using 3.0.

    Thanks,

    mrg

[...]

  • Andrus Adamchik at Oct 16, 2012 at 11:56 am
    Sure, feel free to open a Jira and update 3.0 branch with this.
[...]

groupdev @
categoriescayenne
postedOct 15, '12 at 2:54p
activeOct 16, '12 at 11:56a
websitecayenne.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Andrus Adamchik: 3 posts Michael Gentry: 3 posts