I checked out tag 3.0.1 and ran "mvn clean install" from the root
directory where the parent pom is. It results in:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished:
Could not resolve dependencies

for project
org.apache.cayenne.unpublished:cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished:jar:3.0.1: The
following arti

facts could not be resolved: org.objectstyle:jdbc4-compat:jar:1.0,
opensymphony:oscache:jar:2.3.2, m

ockrunner:mockrunner:jar:0.4.1: Could not find artifact
org.objectstyle:jdbc4-compat:jar:1.0 in cent

ral (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2) -> [Help 1]

I also tried building build-tools/maven-cayenne-build-plugin and then
build the parent pom, but same error on the parent pom. Interestingly I
can see in my local maven repository a
repository\org\objectstyle\jdbc4-compat\1.0 directory which includes jar
and pom. Any ideas how to successfully build?

Thanks,

Joel

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Apr 5, 2012 at 2:35 pm
    For 3.0 I suggest instead of building release tags, build the stable branch at

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/main/branches/STABLE-3.0

    After 3.0.2 we switched to http://maven.objectstyle.org Maven repository that we control, which gives us stable reproducible builds. Before that we all had similar problems and IIRC the one you mention was one of the motivators to roll out our own maven repo.

    If you still need 3.0.1, try locally patching it with r1162116 from STABLE-3.0. That should hopefully fix the repo. Hope I am not missing other related changes.

    Andrus

[...]

groupdev @
categoriescayenne
postedApr 5, '12 at 2:24p
activeApr 5, '12 at 2:35p
websitecayenne.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Becker, Joel: 1 post Andrus Adamchik: 1 post