Hi all,
I fetched the source code from git repo...
It does not compile ..build failed with an exception coming from
cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished module...
[ERROR] /home/romje/platform/orm/cayenne/framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/access/DataNode.java:[333,10]
error: DataNode.TransactionDataSource is not abstract and does not
override abstract method getParentLogger() in CommonDataSource
[ERROR] /home/romje/platform/orm/cayenne/framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/conn/PoolManager.java:[41,7]
error: PoolManager is not abstract and does not override abstract
method getParentLogger() in CommonDataSource
[ERROR] /home/romje/platform/orm/cayenne/framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/access/TransactionConnectionDecorator.java:[48,0]
error: TransactionConnectionDecorator is not abstract and does not
override abstract method getNetworkTimeout() in Connection
[ERROR] /home/romje/platform/orm/cayenne/framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/conn/DriverDataSource.java:[38,7]
error: DriverDataSource is not abstract and does not override abstract
method getParentLogger() in CommonDataSource
[ERROR] /home/romje/platform/orm/cayenne/framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/conn/PoolDataSource.java:[39,7]
error: PoolDataSource is not abstract and does not override abstract
method getParentLogger() in CommonDataSource
[ERROR] /home/romje/platform/orm/cayenne/framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/conn/ConnectionWrapper.java:[47,7]
error: ConnectionWrapper is not abstract and does not override
abstract method getNetworkTimeout() in Connection
[ERROR] /home/romje/platform/orm/cayenne/framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/dba/oracle/OracleSQLTemplateAction.java:[107,10]
error: OracleSQLTemplateAction.OracleResultSetWrapper is not abstract
and does not override abstract method <T>getObject(String,Class<T>) in
ResultSet

It seems that the documentation dealing with maintaining git local
copy up to date with remote server contains different problems can
someone fix that ?

I was not able since saturday to get a valuable code copy and to
advance on the osgi way to build cayenne...-(

thanks for your help
jerome
J.MOLIERE - Mentor/J
auteur Eyrolles
blog: http://romjethoughts.blogspot.com
OSGi book available now!!!

Search Discussions

  • Aristedes Maniatis at Mar 20, 2012 at 11:27 pm
    In the short term I recommend you checkout the svn repository. That is the official Cayenne code. It is possible that the git mirror is out of sync in some way. If svn works and git doesn't then we'll know to ask Apache infrastructure team to investigate.

    Cheers

    Ari

    --
    -------------------------->
    Aristedes Maniatis

    Andrus
[...]

  • Jerome Moliere at Mar 21, 2012 at 8:36 am
    I guess you are right andrus I ll give a try tonight to such compilation with a jdk 1.6
    Thanks
    ---- Envoyé avec BlackBerry® d'Orange ----

[...]

  • Michael Gentry at Mar 21, 2012 at 1:01 pm
    Isn't this supposed to fix the compiler version to 1.5?

    <plugin>
    <version>2.3.2</version>
    <configuration>
    <source>1.5</source>
    <target>1.5</target>
    </configuration>
    </plugin>

    mrg

[...]

  • Andrus Adamchik at Mar 21, 2012 at 1:12 pm
    Compiler - yes, but different JDKs also have different class libs with API differences.
[...]

  • Jerome Moliere at Mar 21, 2012 at 1:12 pm
    I am not found of maven and I don t use this tool but I ve seen that section in the pom..I suspected a bug of this maven plugin...
    I used maben 3.04 is it a compatible version or do you use a 2.2 version?
    Regards
    Jerome
[...]

  • Andrus Adamchik at Mar 21, 2012 at 1:23 pm

    I am not found of maven and I don t use this tool but I ve seen that section in the pom..I suspected a bug of this maven plugin...
    See my other message. Nothing to do with Maven. This is the core JDK behavior - newer JDKs can generate bytecode compatible with older versions. But they can't compile against older JDK jars.
    I used maben 3.04 is it a compatible version or do you use a 2.2 version?
    Yes 3.0.4 is compatible. The minimal required version of Maven is 3.0.

    Andrus
  • Jerome Moliere at Mar 21, 2012 at 1:26 pm
    Seems to work nice with jdk 6.030 ...
    Thanks andrus.....
    Build is still running but goes far beyond the previous errors...

    I am not found of maven and I don t use this tool but I ve seen that section in the pom..I suspected a bug of this maven plugin...
    See my other message. Nothing to do with Maven. This is the core JDK behavior - newer JDKs can generate bytecode compatible with older versions. But they can't compile against older JDK jars.
    I used maben 3.04 is it a compatible version or do you use a 2.2 version?
    Yes 3.0.4 is compatible. The minimal required version of Maven is 3.0.

    Andrus
    ---- Envoyé avec BlackBerry® d'Orange ----
  • Jerome Moliere at Mar 21, 2012 at 1:32 pm
    Compilation is quite ok I got an error with bad chunk header while getting dependencies for the tutorial...maybe a repository problem but cayenne server atefact is built and that was my main goal...
    I can now work on integrating bnd to generate real bundles and to publish a service at bundle startup to be able to use cayenne in the osgi way
    Thanls a lot
    I may need your help while working on this integration
    Kind regards
    I am not found of maven and I don t use this tool but I ve seen that section in the pom..I suspected a bug of this maven plugin...
    See my other message. Nothing to do with Maven. This is the core JDK behavior - newer JDKs can generate bytecode compatible with older versions. But they can't compile against older JDK jars.
    I used maben 3.04 is it a compatible version or do you use a 2.2 version?
    Yes 3.0.4 is compatible. The minimal required version of Maven is 3.0.

    Andrus
    ---- Envoyé avec BlackBerry® d'Orange ----

groupdev @
categoriescayenne