Briefly looked through cayenne-modeler-eclipse-plugin. And found
following bugs:

* Double clicking on *.map.xml files causes Eclipse internal cast
error. I think we must open appropriate cayenne*.xml on such event or
show error message if we can't find one.
* On each double click on cayenne*.xml file new instance of Modeler
opened and trying to operate with them causes bunch of unexpected
things. Suppose, there must be only one instance of Modeler running at
one time.

I have some suggestions about features that we may add to it:

* don't know if it's easily doable but it will be good if when
updating something in generated class, all references in project will be
also updated. (E.g.: now if we change entity's attribute name in modeler
but after that we must change (for example all setSomething) method
names in project code by hand.) I think it will be a nice feature but if
it is hard to do it can wait for next version.
* also maybe we should close Modeler when its eclipse project get
closed. (Now modeler closes when we exiting Eclipse, but if we have more
than one project in workspace then I think it will be more handy if
Modeler will close if we closing its project)

I'm going to do some cleanup of the code and plugin's POM and also take
a look how we can fix current bugs. Any help on this will be
appreciated. Then I think we can make some workable version of the
plugin which everybody can test.

Dzmitry

Search Discussions

  • Mike Kienenberger at Sep 19, 2011 at 2:06 pm
    Dzmitry,

    I don't have time to help with this project right now, but I have
    worked on, and continue to maintain, an Eclipse RCP project. I am
    not an expert by any means with the RCP API, but if you have specific
    questions, you can run them by me, and I might be able to help.

    On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 5:47 AM, Dzmitry Kazimirchyk
[...]

groupdev @
categoriescayenne
postedSep 19, '11 at 9:47a
activeSep 19, '11 at 2:06p