Grokbase Groups Cayenne dev July 2011
Just setup Nexus (open source edition) at ObjectStyle: http://maven.objectstyle.org/

I will try to configure it next week, load needed artifacts and retire objectstyle.org/maven2 flat file repo. I am planning to open write access to it to all Cayenne committers. Read access will be available to anybody. Of course the open source edition of Nexus doesn't have staging capabilities. Wonder how bad it will be if we completely proxy Maven central through maven.objectstyle.org... On the positive side it should speed up the builds and prevent the cross-repo artifacts origin confusion. On the downside, suddenly I am signing up to provide a critical piece of Cayenne infrastructure, hosted outside Apache.

BTW still no reply from infra on INFRA-3786...

Andrus

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Aug 26, 2011 at 7:57 am
    Wonder how bad it will be if we completely proxy Maven central through maven.objectstyle.org...
    So I guess we just do it.

    The plan is to have 2 repos (Maven central - proxy, and "third-party" - hosted) combined into a virtual Nexus repository. That single repository will be referenced from all Cayenne POMs. Its URL is currently http://maven.objectstyle.org/nexus/content/groups/cayenne-deps/

    Right now myself and Dzmitry have Nexus accounts. I'll create accounts for other committers upon request.

    Coincidentally we also need a repo for Eclipse dependencies of the plugin that Eshan has developed. So this will come in handy very soon.

    Andrus

    I will try to configure it next week, load needed artifacts and retire objectstyle.org/maven2 flat file repo. I am planning to open write access to it to all Cayenne committers. Read access will be available to anybody. Of course the open source edition of Nexus doesn't have staging capabilities. Wonder how bad it will be if we completely proxy Maven central through maven.objectstyle.org... On the positive side it should speed up the builds and prevent the cross-repo artifacts origin confusion. On the downside, suddenly I am signing up to provide a critical piece of Cayenne infrastructure, hosted outside Apache.

    BTW still no reply from infra on INFRA-3786...

    Andrus

  • Christian Grobmeier at Aug 26, 2011 at 11:52 am
    Hello Andrus,

    have you seen the Apache Nexus installation?
    https://repository.apache.org/index.html

    Cheers
    Christian

    --
    http://www.grobmeier.de
  • Andrus Adamchik at Aug 26, 2011 at 11:54 am

    In fact we will be using Apache Nexus ... for Cayenne release staging ,etc. But this is separate.

[...]

  • Michael Gentry at Aug 26, 2011 at 12:42 pm
    I'll have to see if I can get objectstyle.org whitelisted. Our
    firewall/proxy currently blocks jars/zips/etc from all sites that
    aren't whitelisted.
[...]

  • Andrus Adamchik at Aug 26, 2011 at 8:17 pm
    Just for kicks, tried to build Cayenne with empty maven repo before updating from trunk. Got a quick failure related to Caucho artifacts. Cleaned up local repo again then updated to the latest trunk with Dzmitry's POM changes. Now it builds without a glitch.

    I think 3.0 build revival on Jenkins today is not coincidental either.

    Andrus