Grokbase Groups Cayenne dev June 2011
Hi ,
When we do some modifications cayenne-eclipse-editor (after save action
performed) it should regenerate required java classes.(with out regenerating
all java classes). For this matter i am referring CodeGeneratorController
class and there what is does is run a full Java class generation ( in
generateAction ) . Now I am working on this.
--
*~Thanks & Regards~*
***

Search Discussions

  • Robert Zeigler at Jun 21, 2011 at 5:45 pm
    In the "Code Generation" dialog, there are two tabs "Code Generator" and "Entities". On the "Entities" tab, you can select which entities to generate.
    Also, if you select a particular object entity in the modeler, and then tools->generate classes, the selected entity will be the only entity checked for code generation by default.

    Robert
    When we do some modifications cayenne-eclipse-editor (after save action
    performed) it should regenerate required java classes.(with out regenerating
    all java classes). For this matter i am referring CodeGeneratorController
    class and there what is does is run a full Java class generation ( in
    generateAction ) . Now I am working on this.
    --
    *~Thanks & Regards~*
    ***
    *
    P.A.Eshan Sudharaka
    University of Moratuwa
    Sri Lanka
    http://esudharaka.blogspot.com/
  • Eshan Sudharaka at Jun 21, 2011 at 5:54 pm
    Actually what i want is to do it in code level. Automate this class
    generation once we do modifications on xml files . I am creating a eclipse
    pluging for cayenne modeler (integration plugin).
[...]

  • Robert Zeigler at Jun 21, 2011 at 5:59 pm
    Right. Sorry, I caught that after sending my reply. Running a few fries short of a happy meal today.

    Robert
[...]

  • Andrus Adamchik at Jun 21, 2011 at 6:25 pm
    I think regenerating all classes for a given DataMap is a good start.

    Tracing individual entity changes is a bit more tricky. We don't have existing code to detect which entities need to be regenerated. One possible approach is to register a listener for EntityEvents/AttributeEvents/RelationshipEvents and trace all entities involved, and then use that list on save to figure out which classes need to be updated.

    Andrus

    When we do some modifications cayenne-eclipse-editor (after save action
    performed) it should regenerate required java classes.(with out regenerating
    all java classes). For this matter i am referring CodeGeneratorController
    class and there what is does is run a full Java class generation ( in
    generateAction ) . Now I am working on this.
    --
    *~Thanks & Regards~*
    ***
    *