(this is the first of 2 Maven threads that I am starting, following our recent conversations).

We use it to load artifacts that are not available in central. It would be great to get rid of it completely, so let's see what we can do. Artifacts loaded from it are in the following categories:

* public open source projects (IIRC some versions of Hessian. maybe others). We should identify those and submit them to central ourselves.

* jdbc-compat that is our hack to compile Java 1.5 code (we still maintain full 1.5 compatibility of Cayenne 3.0 and 3.1) with Java 1.6. I don't think it is appropriate to post it to central. Maybe move it to Cayenne build-tools, so that it sits in our own build tree? Don't think it creates any licensing issues as long as we don't deploy it anywhere.

* com.atlassian.confluence:confluence-soap:2.0. This is to extract documentation from Confluence. We can put some extra effort and build the SOAP client ourselves (should be trivial in theory). However this may not be needed. ASF Infra is moving full speed to kill Confluence-as-site-engine and we should start thinking about switching to the new ASF CMS.

Andrus

Search Discussions

  • Christian Grobmeier at Apr 18, 2011 at 9:01 am
    * com.atlassian.confluence:confluence-soap:2.0. This is to extract documentation from Confluence. We can put some extra effort and build the SOAP client ourselves (should be trivial in theory). However this may not be needed. ASF Infra is moving full speed to kill Confluence-as-site-engine and we should start thinking about switching to the new ASF CMS.
    I am +1000 on this. Contributions to the docs are lots easier since
    its based on SVN.

    Cheers
  • Andrus Adamchik at Apr 18, 2011 at 9:20 am