Hello Andrus;

A while back we discussed a bit about how 3.1 might have a "object
representation" for EJBQLQuery so that a query could be built without
needing to parse an EJBQL string and so that it might be possible to
work with a query in a more "programmatic" manner.

I've skimmed over the 3.1 packages, but can't see an obvious location
for that material -- did you do that in the end and if so, can you point
me in the right direction where I might be able to find it?

cheers.

--
Andrew Lindesay
www.silvereye.co.nz

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Nov 21, 2010 at 9:29 am
    This is still on the TODO list. No work has been done in this area yet.

    Considering that we also want to provide generified queries (which is probably as a part of this feature), this is a pretty big task.

    Andrus
    A while back we discussed a bit about how 3.1 might have a "object representation" for EJBQLQuery so that a query could be built without needing to parse an EJBQL string and so that it might be possible to work with a query in a more "programmatic" manner.

    I've skimmed over the 3.1 packages, but can't see an obvious location for that material -- did you do that in the end and if so, can you point me in the right direction where I might be able to find it?

    cheers.

    --
    Andrew Lindesay
    www.silvereye.co.nz
  • Andrus Adamchik at Nov 21, 2010 at 9:33 am
    I should also clarify our release naming conventions. 3.1M1 being voted right now is an intermediate milestone release, and does not include the entire 3.1 feature scope. At some point we'd make a 3.1B1 release ("B" == "beta"), when we officially declare a feature freeze. B1 will be the first release with the complete 3.1 scope.

    Andrus
    This is still on the TODO list. No work has been done in this area yet.

    Considering that we also want to provide generified queries (which is probably as a part of this feature), this is a pretty big task.

    Andrus
    A while back we discussed a bit about how 3.1 might have a "object representation" for EJBQLQuery so that a query could be built without needing to parse an EJBQL string and so that it might be possible to work with a query in a more "programmatic" manner.

    I've skimmed over the 3.1 packages, but can't see an obvious location for that material -- did you do that in the end and if so, can you point me in the right direction where I might be able to find it?

    cheers.

    --
    Andrew Lindesay
    www.silvereye.co.nz
  • Andrew Lindesay at Nov 21, 2010 at 5:59 pm
    Hi Andrus;
    I should also clarify our release naming conventions. 3.1M1 being voted right now...
    Ah I hadn't realised that it was not yet more or less feature-complete.

    OK so still in the pipeline -- that's great. Yes; "Generified queries"
    would be really nice too.

    Thanks for the clarification.

    cheers.

    --