Grokbase Groups Cayenne dev May 2010
Hello (Andrus?);

It is possible to turn the notifications on and off from the DataRowStore, but it is not possible to externally set the handler from outside the class. Are you able to add these two methods to STABLE-3.0 and 3.1 so I am able to control that;

public void setRemoteNotificationsHandler(EventBridge value) {
remoteNotificationsHandler = value;
}

public EventBridge getRemoteNotificationsHandler() {
return remoteNotificationsHandler;
}

cheers.

___
Andrew Lindesay
www.silvereye.co.nz

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at May 17, 2010 at 2:07 pm
    No objections in general, but you will need to ensure somehow the
    correct lifecycle of an EventBridge within DataRowStore. I.e. if we
    are changing the bridge, the old one has to be shut down, then the new
    one needs to be started, but only if DataRowStore has not been
    shutdown yet.

    Maybe it is easier to go with a custom EventBridgeFactory specified in
    the Modeler instead?

    Andrus
    It is possible to turn the notifications on and off from the
    DataRowStore, but it is not possible to externally set the handler
    from outside the class. Are you able to add these two methods to
    STABLE-3.0 and 3.1 so I am able to control that;

    public void setRemoteNotificationsHandler(EventBridge value) {
    remoteNotificationsHandler = value;
    }

    public EventBridge getRemoteNotificationsHandler() {
    return remoteNotificationsHandler;
    }

    cheers.

    ___
    Andrew Lindesay
    www.silvereye.co.nz
  • Andrew Lindesay at May 17, 2010 at 10:27 pm
    Hi Andrus;

    Yes; that is possibly a better approach. I will give it a go.

    Thanks.
    Maybe it is easier to go with a custom EventBridgeFactory specified in the Modeler instead?
    ___
    Andrew Lindesay
    www.silvereye.co.nz

groupdev @