I just upgraded to the latest trunk code. I was wondering why
CayenneRuntimeException is not found in the ROP client jar but is needed
by the ClientChannel class? This is forcing me to include the server jar
with my applet distribution. Am I doing something wrong here?

Zissis Trabaris * Chief Technology Officer * INSYSWARE * 3235 West River
Road, Grand Island, New York, 14072, USA
Mobile (716) 930-5654 * Office (518) 636-4118 * Fax (716) 625-1305 *
z.trabaris@insysware.com *
www.insysware.com <http://www.insysware.com/>

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
please notify the sender and delete this email from your system. Thank
you.

Search Discussions

  • Michael Gentry at Dec 24, 2009 at 5:24 pm
    The trunk code is Cayenne 3.1 ... unless you are wanting to play with
    3.1, I think you grabbed the wrong code. CayenneRuntimeException
    exists in the 3.0 Beta 1 release:

    ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/cayenne/cayenne-client/3.0B1> jar tvf
    cayenne-client-3.0B1.jar | grep CayenneRuntimeException
    1238 Tue Nov 03 21:16:12 EST 2009
    org/apache/cayenne/CayenneRuntimeException.class

    mrg

    On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Zissis Trabaris
    I just upgraded to the latest trunk code. I was wondering why
    CayenneRuntimeException is not found in the ROP client jar but is needed
    by the ClientChannel class? This is forcing me to include the server jar
    with my applet distribution. Am I doing something wrong here?

    Zissis Trabaris * Chief Technology Officer * INSYSWARE * 3235 West River
    Road, Grand Island, New York, 14072, USA
    Mobile (716) 930-5654 * Office (518) 636-4118 * Fax (716) 625-1305 *
    z.trabaris@insysware.com  *
    www.insysware.com <http://www.insysware.com/>

    ________________________________

    CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain
    disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
    please notify the sender and delete this email from your system. Thank
    you.

  • Zissis Trabaris at Dec 24, 2009 at 5:32 pm
    I realize that trunk code is 3.1. We run tests against the trunk code every two weeks in order to ensure we take care of any refactoring needed for future releases early and have enough time to take advantage of any new features. It seems that someone moved CayenneRuntimeException out of the client.jar but left the ClientChanel dependency on it. We would have caught this earlier but our build scripts where mistakenly including the server jar in the client distribution. We just fixed our build scripts and this issue now came up.

[...]

  • Michael Gentry at Dec 24, 2009 at 5:35 pm
    OK, just wanted to make sure you knew it was 3.1 in the trunk. :-)

    I'll defer other comments to the guys who work with ROP, though.

    Thanks!

    mrg

    On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Zissis Trabaris
[...]

  • Andrus Adamchik at Dec 24, 2009 at 6:29 pm
    I'll check on this... The exceptions were moved to the di submodule,
    this could've affected the ROP assembly. Trunk is in the middle of a
    major change for the last month, so I am not surprised things like
    this are popping up.

    Andrus
[...]

  • Andrus Adamchik at Dec 24, 2009 at 7:34 pm
    fixed.

groupdev @
categoriescayenne
postedDec 24, '09 at 4:44p