As Andrus asked, I am starting this question in new thread.

Every our library(module) has set of DomainMaps (we can't use only one
DomainMap because our modules are really big).
So each Module has it's "module1-cayenne.xml" that has set of DomainMaps.

Idea is to use this configuration without DomainNodes that are
strongly set in "module1-cayenne.xml" and declare only DomainMaps.

Then create some ... fore example web service, add few
modules/libraries to dependency ...
Create only one DomainNode (in runtime) then load all DataMaps from
"module1-cayenne.xml" , "module2-cayenne.xml" , .. etc and bind (add
ref) all this maps to DomainNode of web service.

So question is... if I could create DomainNode at runtime and bind
DataMaps to it?

Evgeny.

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Dec 15, 2009 at 12:22 pm
    The answer is yes. Any part of Cayenne stack can be created via API in
    runtime, including DataNodes.

    DataNode node = new DataNode("mynode");
    for(DataMap map : domain.getDataMaps()) {
    node.addDataMap(map);
    }

    node.setAdapter(...);
    node.setDataSource(...);

    domain.addNode(node);

    Andrus
    As Andrus asked, I am starting this question in new thread.

    Every our library(module) has set of DomainMaps (we can't use only one
    DomainMap because our modules are really big).
    So each Module has it's "module1-cayenne.xml" that has set of
    DomainMaps.

    Idea is to use this configuration without DomainNodes that are
    strongly set in "module1-cayenne.xml" and declare only DomainMaps.

    Then create some ... fore example web service, add few
    modules/libraries to dependency ...
    Create only one DomainNode (in runtime) then load all DataMaps from
    "module1-cayenne.xml" , "module2-cayenne.xml" , .. etc and bind (add
    ref) all this maps to DomainNode of web service.

    So question is... if I could create DomainNode at runtime and bind
    DataMaps to it?

    Evgeny.
  • Рябицкий Евгений at Dec 15, 2009 at 2:47 pm
    Great! Thx.

    Evgeny.

[...]

groupdev @
categoriescayenne