Hello,

Do we need those DTDs in src/main/dtd? We already have XSD schema, which is
a replacement, but it is only for map files (?). The reason I'm asking is
that for a long time (don't remember, when it started) Eclipse can't
validate those DTDs and gives me three irritating errors (one in each DTD),
and I can't find how to turn off that.
It'd be good if we had XSD for cayenne.xml and driver.xml as well, and
dropped DTDs (BTW I they are for 1.2 and obsolete anyways).

Andrey

Search Discussions

  • Aristedes Maniatis at Nov 27, 2009 at 12:02 pm

    Do we need those DTDs in src/main/dtd? We already have XSD schema, which is
    a replacement, but it is only for map files (?). The reason I'm asking is
    that for a long time (don't remember, when it started) Eclipse can't
    validate those DTDs and gives me three irritating errors (one in each DTD),
    and I can't find how to turn off that.
    It'd be good if we had XSD for cayenne.xml and driver.xml as well, and
    dropped DTDs (BTW I they are for 1.2 and obsolete anyways).

    XSD (schema) has pretty much replaced DTDs, so I think they should be removed. I'd be happy to create the schemas for the other files.

    Ari

    --

    -------------------------->
    Aristedes Maniatis
    Do we need those DTDs in src/main/dtd? We already have XSD schema,
    which is
    a replacement, but it is only for map files (?). The reason I'm
    asking is
    that for a long time (don't remember, when it started) Eclipse can't
    validate those DTDs and gives me three irritating errors (one in
    each DTD),
    and I can't find how to turn off that.
    It'd be good if we had XSD for cayenne.xml and driver.xml as well, and
    dropped DTDs (BTW I they are for 1.2 and obsolete anyways).

    Andrey
  • Andrus Adamchik at Nov 27, 2009 at 12:08 pm
    (btw cayenne.xml is about to change - parent "domains" element will be
    gone, as in 3.1 there will only be a single domain per configuration)
    Do we need those DTDs in src/main/dtd? We already have XSD schema,
    which is
    a replacement, but it is only for map files (?). The reason I'm
    asking is
    that for a long time (don't remember, when it started) Eclipse can't
    validate those DTDs and gives me three irritating errors (one in
    each DTD),
    and I can't find how to turn off that.
    It'd be good if we had XSD for cayenne.xml and driver.xml as well,
    and
    dropped DTDs (BTW I they are for 1.2 and obsolete anyways).

    Andrey
  • Aristedes Maniatis at Nov 27, 2009 at 12:24 pm

    (btw cayenne.xml is about to change - parent "domains" element will be
    gone, as in 3.1 there will only be a single domain per configuration)

    Oh yes. In that case, I will not do anything now.

    Ari

    --

    -------------------------->
    Aristedes Maniatis

    (btw cayenne.xml is about to change - parent "domains" element will be
    gone, as in 3.1 there will only be a single domain per configuration)

    Oh yes. In that case, I will not do anything now.

    Ari

    --

    Aristedes Maniatis

    Andrey