Hello to everyone!

I would like to introduce myself to Cayenne Community. :)

My name is Evgeny, I am from Russia, I am 22.
Currently I am working as Java Developer on SOA project. We are
heavily using Cayenne 2.0 for mostly DB connection management and for
some mapping cases.
Also I have some experience in contributing for Apache, I was working
on Hadoop HBase. My diploma was about HBase.

So, mostly I am interested in evaluation of stability and performance
in Cayenne.
First thing that I am going to do is to publish patch for my CAY-1259 :)
I really wish it to be fixed, currently we have our own 2.0.4.1 build
with that fix.. but it should be temp solution....

Best regards,
Evgeny Ryabitskiy.

Search Discussions

  • Aristedes Maniatis at Sep 14, 2009 at 12:54 am

    I would like to introduce myself to Cayenne Community. :)

    My name is Evgeny, I am from Russia, I am 22.
    Currently I am working as Java Developer on SOA project. We are
    heavily using Cayenne 2.0 for mostly DB connection management and for
    some mapping cases.
    Also I have some experience in contributing for Apache, I was working
    on Hadoop HBase. My diploma was about HBase.

    So, mostly I am interested in evaluation of stability and performance
    in Cayenne.
    First thing that I am going to do is to publish patch for my CAY-1259 :)
    I really wish it to be fixed, currently we have our own 2.0.4.1 build
    with that fix.. but it should be temp solution....

    Welcome Evgeny. Contributors are always received with open arms. Can I suggest that you look at moving to 3.0M6 for your work though. Not only is it much faster in many places, but your contributions will be that much easier to merge into the current development process. The developers don't have a great interest in improving the 2.x codebase other than for important bug fixes.

    But any patches you can contribute will be reviewed and integrated where appropriate.

    Regards
    Ari

    -------------------------->
    Aristedes Maniatis
  • Andrey Razumovsky at Sep 14, 2009 at 7:30 am
    Hi Evgeny!

    Welcome! I'm from Russia, too :) Be assured that all your contributions will
    be reviewed in shortest time by Cayenne developers.
    I'll repeat Ari's words in some part, Cayenne 2 has proved its stability.
    There are no plans currently of publishing new version of Cayenne 2.0. We're
    going to release Cayenne 3.0. Migration should be mostly painless, but there
    are many useful improvings. So, it is desirable that all patches go against
    3.0 trunk.

    Cheers,
    Andrey

    --
  • Evgeny Ryabitskiy at Sep 14, 2009 at 9:45 am
    Thx for your amicability!

    Best regards,
    Evgeny Ryabitskiy.

[...]

groupdev @