Grokbase Groups Cayenne dev May 2009
M6 release artifacts are posted here:

http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/3.0M6/

Please evaluate and cats your vote. Here is my unit testing results:

HSQLDB [passed]
PostgreSQL [passed]
H2 [passed]
SQLServer [passed]

MySQL

Failed tests:
test(org.apache.cayenne.merge.SetAllowNullToDbTest)

Oracle
Failed tests:

testPerformQueryInheritanceSuper
(org.apache.cayenne.CayenneContextInheritanceTest)
test(org.apache.cayenne.merge.SetNotNullToDbTest)
testAddAndDropColumnToDb(org.apache.cayenne.merge.MergerFactoryTest)
testChangeVarcharSizeToDb(org.apache.cayenne.merge.MergerFactoryTest)
testMultipleTokensToDb(org.apache.cayenne.merge.MergerFactoryTest)
test(org.apache.cayenne.merge.ValueForNullTest)
test(org.apache.cayenne.merge.SetAllowNullToDbTest)

testDBGeneratorStrategy
(org.apache.cayenne.access.dbsync.SchemaUpdateStrategyTest)

testMixedStrategyTableNoExist
(org.apache.cayenne.access.dbsync.SchemaUpdateStrategyTest)

Derby

Tests in error:

testDifferentEntity
(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLSubqueryTest)
testExists(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLSubqueryTest)
testAddTable(org.apache.cayenne.merge.CreateTableToModelTest)

Andrus

Search Discussions

  • Andrey Razumovsky at May 18, 2009 at 9:55 am
    I've got my own PkGenerator and now found that interface's sugnature has
    changed, and, judging on method names, they work in other way now (?). I
    think this is worth mentioning

    M6 release artifacts are posted here:

    http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/3.0M6/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eaadamchik/release/3.0M6/>

[...]

    testMixedStrategyTableNoExist(org.apache.cayenne.access.dbsync.SchemaUpdateStrategyTest)

    Derby

    Tests in error:

    testDifferentEntity(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLSubqueryTest)
    testExists(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLSubqueryTest)
    testAddTable(org.apache.cayenne.merge.CreateTableToModelTest)

    Andrus
  • Andrus Adamchik at May 18, 2009 at 12:56 pm

    I've got my own PkGenerator and now found that interface's sugnature
    has
    changed, and, judging on method names, they work in other way now
    (?). I
    think this is worth mentioning
    Checking svn logs, PkGenerator interface hasn't changed since M5
    (actually much earlier). JdbcPkGenertor class has changed. So what
    problems is it causing?

    Andrus
  • Andrey Razumovsky at May 18, 2009 at 1:04 pm
    Ouch, I meant OperationObserver interface..

    I've got my own PkGenerator and now found that interface's sugnature has
    changed, and, judging on method names, they work in other way now (?). I
    think this is worth mentioning
    Checking svn logs, PkGenerator interface hasn't changed since M5 (actually
    much earlier). JdbcPkGenertor class has changed. So what problems is it
    causing?

    Andrus
  • Andrus Adamchik at May 18, 2009 at 1:08 pm
    Ah yeah, there was some renaming there. Should probably mention that
    in UPGRADE.txt (it will likely change in the next release again).

    Andrus
    Ouch, I meant OperationObserver interface..

    I've got my own PkGenerator and now found that interface's
    sugnature has
    changed, and, judging on method names, they work in other way now
    (?). I
    think this is worth mentioning
    Checking svn logs, PkGenerator interface hasn't changed since M5
    (actually
    much earlier). JdbcPkGenertor class has changed. So what problems
    is it
    causing?

    Andrus
  • Andrey Razumovsky at May 20, 2009 at 2:01 pm
    Otherwise, it's all OK for my apps, +1