Grokbase Groups Cayenne dev May 2009
I created the tag, so unstable code checkins can resume on trunk now.
Haven't created the artifacts yet, until we fix some of the unit test
failures below. Specifically looks like there are some new problems
with MySQL that I would like to fix before moving forward. Will be
investigating this now.

Andrus

----------------
Unit testing results of the M6 tag:

HSQLDB [passed]
PostgreSQL [passed]
H2 [passed]
SQLServer [passed]

Derby (same errors as we had in M5)

testDifferentEntity
(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLSubqueryTest)
testExists(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLSubqueryTest)
testAddTable(org.apache.cayenne.merge.CreateTableToModelTest)

Oracle
Failed tests:

testPerformQueryInheritanceSuper
(org.apache.cayenne.CayenneContextInheritanceTest)
test(org.apache.cayenne.merge.SetNotNullToDbTest)
testAddAndDropColumnToDb(org.apache.cayenne.merge.MergerFactoryTest)
testChangeVarcharSizeToDb(org.apache.cayenne.merge.MergerFactoryTest)
testMultipleTokensToDb(org.apache.cayenne.merge.MergerFactoryTest)
test(org.apache.cayenne.merge.ValueForNullTest)
test(org.apache.cayenne.merge.SetAllowNullToDbTest)

testDBGeneratorStrategy
(org.apache.cayenne.access.dbsync.SchemaUpdateStrategyTest)

testMixedStrategyTableNoExist
(org.apache.cayenne.access.dbsync.SchemaUpdateStrategyTest)

MySQL

test(org.apache.cayenne.merge.SetAllowNullToDbTest)

testUpdateQualifier
(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLUpdateTest)

testUpdateNoQualifierString
(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLUpdateTest)

testUpdateNoQualifierNull
(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLUpdateTest)

testUpdateNoQualifierMultipleItems
(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLUpdateTest)

testUpdateNoQualifierDecimal
(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLUpdateTest)

testUpdateNoQualifierToOne
(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLUpdateTest)

testPreRemoveCallbacks
(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextCallbacksTest)

testObjectQueryStringBoolean
(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextPerformQueryAPITest)

testObjectQueryStringMapBoolean
(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextPerformQueryAPITest)

testProcedureQueryStringMapBoolean
(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextPerformQueryAPITest)

testNonSelectingQueryString
(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextPerformQueryAPITest)

testNonSelectingQueryStringMap
(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextPerformQueryAPITest)
testJointPrefetchDataRows(org.apache.cayenne.access.JointPrefetchTest)

testJointPrefetchSQLTemplate
(org.apache.cayenne.access.JointPrefetchTest)
testJointPrefetchToOne(org.apache.cayenne.access.JointPrefetchTest)

testJointPrefetchDataTypes(org.apache.cayenne.access.JointPrefetchTest)
testJointPrefetchToMany(org.apache.cayenne.access.JointPrefetchTest)

testJointPrefetchToManyNonConflictingQualifier
(org.apache.cayenne.access.JointPrefetchTest)

testJointPrefetchMultiStep(org.apache.cayenne.access.JointPrefetchTest)

testSnapshotRetainedOnPropertyModification
(org.apache.cayenne.access.ObjectStoreDiffRetainingTest)

testSnapshotRetainedOnRelAndPropertyModification
(org.apache.cayenne.access.ObjectStoreDiffRetainingTest)

Search Discussions

  • Kevin Menard at May 17, 2009 at 5:56 pm
    Hi Andrus,

    I blew out my connection.properties file inadvertently when killing
    the modeler cache. Anyway, the Web site docs on this are inadequate.
    I almost mean to update them, but forget to. The big problem is that
    the page shows you the properties, but not what reasonable values are.
    Would you mind posting what you have for the JDBC driver class and
    URL for various DBs?

    Kevin

    On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Andrus Adamchik
[...]

    testMixedStrategyTableNoExist(org.apache.cayenne.access.dbsync.SchemaUpdateStrategyTest)

    MySQL

    test(org.apache.cayenne.merge.SetAllowNullToDbTest)
    testUpdateQualifier(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLUpdateTest)
    testUpdateNoQualifierString(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLUpdateTest)
    testUpdateNoQualifierNull(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLUpdateTest)
    testUpdateNoQualifierMultipleItems(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLUpdateTest)
    testUpdateNoQualifierDecimal(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLUpdateTest)
    testUpdateNoQualifierToOne(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLUpdateTest)
    testPreRemoveCallbacks(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextCallbacksTest)
    testObjectQueryStringBoolean(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextPerformQueryAPITest)
    testObjectQueryStringMapBoolean(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextPerformQueryAPITest)
    testProcedureQueryStringMapBoolean(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextPerformQueryAPITest)
    testNonSelectingQueryString(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextPerformQueryAPITest)
    testNonSelectingQueryStringMap(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextPerformQueryAPITest)
    testJointPrefetchDataRows(org.apache.cayenne.access.JointPrefetchTest)
    testJointPrefetchSQLTemplate(org.apache.cayenne.access.JointPrefetchTest)
    testJointPrefetchToOne(org.apache.cayenne.access.JointPrefetchTest)
    testJointPrefetchDataTypes(org.apache.cayenne.access.JointPrefetchTest)
    testJointPrefetchToMany(org.apache.cayenne.access.JointPrefetchTest)
    testJointPrefetchToManyNonConflictingQualifier(org.apache.cayenne.access.JointPrefetchTest)
    testJointPrefetchMultiStep(org.apache.cayenne.access.JointPrefetchTest)
    testSnapshotRetainedOnPropertyModification(org.apache.cayenne.access.ObjectStoreDiffRetainingTest)
    testSnapshotRetainedOnRelAndPropertyModification(org.apache.cayenne.access.ObjectStoreDiffRetainingTest)

  • Andrus Adamchik at May 17, 2009 at 6:11 pm
    Here it is:

    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/database-support.html

    (we may simply link to this page from the unit test instructions).

    BTW, just fixed the problem with MySQL. Going to post the assemblies
    later tonight.

[...]

  • Kevin Menard at May 17, 2009 at 6:17 pm
    Ahh, thanks. I was just looking at the unit test page. +1 on linking
    or moving it whole hog into there.

    --
    Kevin

[...]

  • Tore Halset at May 18, 2009 at 11:02 am
    Hello.

    I am not able to reproduce the derby issues in cayenne trunk. Do you
    have an old derby version or am I doing something wrong.

    svn update
    mvn clean
    cd framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished
    mvn
    grep FAIL target/surefire-reports/*.txt

    I would love to fix the oracle issues with merging, but I do not have
    access to an oracle instance. Last time I tried, it was a lot of work
    to install oracle on any of the systems I work on - mac and ubuntu
    linux. Perhaps I should start up one of the images from oracle on
    Amazon EC2. Or perhaps they will bundle it for free with the next java
    install :)

    Could we set up hudson to do testing on all the databases we support?
    I know it will be a lot of work, but will it be accepted by apache
    infra? We use hudson to test all of our internal stuff on both
    PostgreSQL and Derby.

    - Tore.
[...]

  • Andrus Adamchik at May 18, 2009 at 12:15 pm