I've jumped into this earlier, and now again, CayenneContext-related classes
are very-very much like DataContexts-related. For instance, today I had to
put same changes into ToManyList and PersistentObjectList. That code screams
refactoring... But this may result in API changes (e.g. ToManyList and
PersistentObjectList are public classes, so I have to worry about that).
Does anyone have something against some refactoring&unification?

Andrey

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Mar 18, 2009 at 9:34 am
    I am +1 on the effort at unification of the client and server API's.
    There are some edge cases here and there that prevented us from doing
    this earlier, but this work needs to be done sooner or later, and I am
    glad Andrey is jumping on it.

    Andrus

    I've jumped into this earlier, and now again, CayenneContext-related
    classes
    are very-very much like DataContexts-related. For instance, today I
    had to
    put same changes into ToManyList and PersistentObjectList. That code
    screams
    refactoring... But this may result in API changes (e.g. ToManyList and
    PersistentObjectList are public classes, so I have to worry about
    that).
    Does anyone have something against some refactoring&unification?

    Andrey
  • Andrey Razumovsky at Mar 18, 2009 at 9:52 am
    I've actually already committed ToManyList. Now it extends
    PersistentObjectList and I like it much more. I tried to be as cautious as
    possible to not to break anything

    I am +1 on the effort at unification of the client and server API's. There
    are some edge cases here and there that prevented us from doing this
    earlier, but this work needs to be done sooner or later, and I am glad
    Andrey is jumping on it.

    Andrus

    I've jumped into this earlier, and now again, CayenneContext-related
    classes
    are very-very much like DataContexts-related. For instance, today I had to
    put same changes into ToManyList and PersistentObjectList. That code
    screams
    refactoring... But this may result in API changes (e.g. ToManyList and
    PersistentObjectList are public classes, so I have to worry about that).
    Does anyone have something against some refactoring&unification?

    Andrey

groupdev @
categoriescayenne
postedMar 17, '09 at 8:45p