I imported an EOModel into Cayenne Modeler and it seemed to go
smoothly until at runtime it blew up trying to parse a qualifier. I
looked in the Map XML and found (as part of a <query>...</query>:

<qualifier><![CDATA[db: = "OSIS "]]></qualifier>
<ordering><![CDATA[contractNum]]></ordering>

This looked very strange and I went back to the EOModel and it had:

(contractOwner = 'OSIS ')

(Yes, trailing white space and all.) Clearly the import messed this
particular one up, but I don't know why. Other EOFetchSpecifications
that were very similar worked fine and eye-balling the other
qualifiers looked OK, too. I changed the Cayenne XML to:

<qualifier><![CDATA[contractOwner = "OSIS "]]></qualifier>
<ordering><![CDATA[contractNum]]></ordering>

And have moved on.

Any thoughts as to what might have caused this and if it is worth
trying to isolate and fix?

Thanks,

/dev/mrg

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Mar 16, 2009 at 7:31 am
    Not sure why it didn't work. Certainly worth fixing, although it will
    be very low priority on my own list (it may be different for others).

    Andrus

[...]

  • Michael Gentry at Mar 16, 2009 at 2:05 pm
    I'm not exactly sure why it happened. And I wasn't suggesting it was
    a priority, either. If I have time, I'll see if I can isolate it
    (since I obviously have the EOModel that triggered it). I just
    double-checked the 25 or so EOFetchSpecifications that got imported
    and the only other anomaly I saw was where "coreUserTypeId <> '0'"
    became "coreUserTypeId != null" on a varchar2(1) column. Again, if I
    have time, I can try to figure it out later.

    Thanks!

    /dev/mrg

[...]

  • Robi at May 8, 2011 at 7:57 am
    Hi

    I just found that Cayenne can import EOModel format, very nice. I tried
    various, but unfortunatly only one was imported without error or getting
    stuck. Is the EOmodel import also supporting EOModels done or modified wih
    Entity Modeler of WOLips?

    Thanks for clarification, Robert

  • Andrus Adamchik at May 8, 2011 at 8:03 am
    Good question. EOModel importer was developed many years ago, and I am not aware of it being tested with EntityModeler.

    Andrus