I just committed a patch by Olga Tkachova that implements a text pane
component with syntax highlighting similar to JEditor thingy that we
used for SQLTemplates. It is used for EJBQL queries and supports
similar highlighting approach, but without the problems with container
resizing. It also supports line numbering and will support error
highlighting soon.

If it works out ok for the EJBQL query, I'd suggest we switch
SQLTeamplates to it as well.

Comments?

Andrus

Search Discussions

  • Andrey Razumovsky at Mar 12, 2009 at 12:12 pm
    Hi,

    Just tried to type some text to the new panel. No sure whether that was made
    occasionally or not, but cursor behavior is quite weird. It is not located
    on the place where text is inserted! And that's not only view issue. Imagine
    this scenario: i type "select a" then hit backspace, "a" is not erased.
    "End" key does not move cursor to the end of the line. "Delete" and
    "Backspace" sometimes erase the symbol, sometimes not (they simply move).
    Also text constants in quotes were highlighted in jedit.
    I'm not against the new pane, but what's the point to reinvent the wheel?
    It's also required to assure that those jedit issues we have in jira cannot
    be reproduced with it.
    As about the problem with resizing, I don't remember totally, but I thought
    we fixed it, did we?

    Thanks,
    Andrey

    I just committed a patch by Olga Tkachova that implements a text pane
    component with syntax highlighting similar to JEditor thingy that we used
    for SQLTemplates. It is used for EJBQL queries and supports similar
    highlighting approach, but without the problems with container resizing. It
    also supports line numbering and will support error highlighting soon.

    If it works out ok for the EJBQL query, I'd suggest we switch SQLTeamplates
    to it as well.

    Comments?

    Andrus
  • Andrus Adamchik at Mar 12, 2009 at 3:21 pm

    As about the problem with resizing, I don't remember totally, but I
    thought
    we fixed it, did we?
    No we didn't. Look at SQLTemplate editor... So we have an option of
    either internalizing JEdit code and fix its bugs ourselves (as it is
    no longer supported by the authors), or write something new analogous
    to it.

    No sure whether that was made
    occasionally or not, but cursor behavior is quite weird. It is not
    located on the place where text is inserted!
    Haven't noticed that on Mac, but I'll take another look. It is pretty
    raw anyways.

    Andrus
  • Andrus Adamchik at Mar 12, 2009 at 3:31 pm