Hi all,

I've been playing with the improved modeler today while working on a
cayenne project that I just upgraded from cayenne 2 to 3.0M5.
Overall, very nice! I like the syntax highlighting, the new options,
the ability to copy/paste tables, queries, entities, etc. I noticed
two things that feel like regressions to me, though.

1) When editing sql scripts, it used to be that if you highlighted a
section of text and did command-c (on a mac; presumably ctrl-c on
windows), that section of text would be copied. I assume this was due
to os-x/java's default handling of copy/paste actions. Now, it
replaces the text with c.

2) The old text-editor used the system-default key bindings for
navigation (eg: alt/option left to move the cursor one word left );
the new editor uses windows' key bindings (eg: ctrl-left arrow to move
the cursor one word left), even on a mac.

A new feature that would also be nice is an "undo" option, at least
for editing scripts. :)

I love the new "Map" classes that provide super-easy access to your
data map and associated queries. I think a nice extension to these
would be to have teh super-class map list, as static finals, the names
of all of the queries (even the sql-script queries), the way we do
with object entities and property names.

Thoughts?

Unless I hear otherwise, I'll plan on opening up issues for these items.

Robert

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Dec 16, 2008 at 7:46 am