Let's take this to the dev list.

Andrey, are you saying that neither "java -jar CayenneModeler.jar" nor
starting CayenneModeler from Eclipse via the Main class work? What
error are you getting?

Andrus
On Nov 17, 2008, at 9:04 AM, Andrey Razumovsky wrote:

I have Vista and I've seen this problem even if I start modeler from
Eclipse. I think this is JDK version problem - installed java in
your system
is 1.6, which supports Aero, that's why 'java -jar'.

I don't know how Windows' exe is built in Cayenne, but I suppose we
should
somehow build it with Java 6 not Java 5.