Hi Andrey,

Is this test failing cause SmartNamingStrategy is still work in
progress?

junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: expected:<toPerson> but
was:(Assert.java:81)
at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:87)
at
org
.apache
.cayenne
.modeler
.util
.SmartNamingStrategyTest.testStrategy(SmartNamingStrategyTest.java:44)
at
sun
.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:
39)
at
sun
.reflect
.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:
25)
at
org
.eclipse
.jdt
.internal
.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:
130)
at
org
.eclipse
.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
at
org
.eclipse
.jdt
.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:
460)
at
org
.eclipse
.jdt
.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:
673)
at
org
.eclipse
.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:
386)
at
org
.eclipse
.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:
196)

Thanks,
Andrus

Search Discussions

  • Andrey Razumovsky at Oct 3, 2008 at 7:23 am
    Hi Andrus,

    Sorry this was a bad test. By the way, could you check new strategy with
    your databases? I like the way it works with mine, but different developers
    have different approaches for naming..
    Other question is, is it OK to commit failing cases which correspond to bugs
    that are not fixed (I'm not talking about this strategy issue)?

    Is this test failing cause SmartNamingStrategy is still work in progress?

    junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: expected:<toPerson> but
    was:<shippingAddress>
    at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:81)
    at junit.framework.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:87)
    at
    org.apache.cayenne.modeler.util.SmartNamingStrategyTest.testStrategy(SmartNamingStrategyTest.java:44)
    at
    at
    at
    org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:130)
    at
    org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
    at
    org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
    at
    org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
    at
    org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
    at
    org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)

    Thanks,
    Andrus
  • Andrus Adamchik at Oct 3, 2008 at 7:40 am

    Sorry this was a bad test. By the way, could you check new strategy
    with
    your databases? I like the way it works with mine, but different
    developers
    have different approaches for naming..
    Thanks for the quick fix. Cool, I will take a look at the new feature.
    Other question is, is it OK to commit failing cases which correspond
    to bugs
    that are not fixed (I'm not talking about this strategy issue)?
    Generally we are trying to avoid that. E.g. by commenting out failing
    lines (implying that whoever did that knows that the problem needs to
    be fixed).

    Andrus

groupdev @
categoriescayenne