Hi all,

I'd like to raise the vote to release Cayenne 3.0 M2. This was tagged a
couple weeks back, but has seen some bug fixes since then. Andrus has
tested on several platforms with various DB engines. His results were all
positive.

I've built, signed, and posted assemblies here:

http://people.apache.org/~kmenard/release/3.0M2/

Note that I've built the Windows one, but did have a single test failure.
Given that it was not observed on other platforms, it was likely an
environmental thing. I will try to look into it some more.

Also, this is my first attempt at signing assemblies, so please verify the
signatures.

Thanks,
Kevin

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Oct 29, 2007 at 6:06 pm
    Nice!!

    A question - I can't find what in the Maven build triggers .zip
    creation for Windows? We built 3.0M1 as .tar.gz for Win, so I was
    surprised to see zips.

    Andrus

    I'd like to raise the vote to release Cayenne 3.0 M2. This was
    tagged a
    couple weeks back, but has seen some bug fixes since then. Andrus has
    tested on several platforms with various DB engines. His results
    were all
    positive.

    I've built, signed, and posted assemblies here:

    http://people.apache.org/~kmenard/release/3.0M2/

    Note that I've built the Windows one, but did have a single test
    failure.
    Given that it was not observed on other platforms, it was likely an
    environmental thing. I will try to look into it some more.

    Also, this is my first attempt at signing assemblies, so please
    verify the
    signatures.

    Thanks,
    Kevin
  • Kevin Menard at Oct 29, 2007 at 6:13 pm
    Yeah. I was looking a bit, and I think we'd need a new assembly profile.
    It turned out to be a lot quicker to untar and zip it up manually. Not
    ideal, but I felt zip really should be used for the Windows release.

    If not, I can put the gzipped tarballs up, but I'm not sure it gains us
    much.

    --
    Kevin

[...]

  • Andrus Adamchik at Oct 29, 2007 at 6:18 pm