How do we (the Apache Cayenne project) can get access to the JPA TCK?
I understand that individuals that request access to the TCK need to
file some non-disclosure paperwork. So what exactly is needed?

Also, maybe I am getting ahead of myself with this question, but
since all the TCK stuff is covered with secrecy, I am not even sure
how it is organized and whether a standalone TCK is available? (JPA
is a part of JSR-220, which is in turn a part of JEE 5...)

Thanks
Andrus

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Feb 8, 2007 at 5:35 pm
    Folks,

    I got a reply from Geir (it is on a public list, so I see no problem
    forwarding it to Cayenne dev).

    Anybody who wants to participate in the TCK work, please fax the form
    to the number below. Since the link to this form circulated on
    Cayenne lists before, I believe myself (and maybe others) may have it
    on file already. Contact jcp-open@apache.org if you are in doubt.

    Andrus

    Begin forwarded message:
    How do we (the Apache Cayenne project) can get access to the JPA
    TCK? I understand that individuals that request access to the TCK
    need to file some non-disclosure paperwork. So what exactly is
    needed?
    http://www.apache.org/jcp/ApacheNDA.pdf

    fax to +1 203 665 6400
    Also, maybe I am getting ahead of myself with this question, but
    since all the TCK stuff is covered with secrecy, I am not even
    sure how it is organized and whether a standalone TCK is
    available? (JPA is a part of JSR-220, which is in turn a part of
    JEE 5...)
    There is.

    geir
    Thanks
    Andrus

  • Mike Kienenberger at Feb 8, 2007 at 6:34 pm
    I already have an NDA on file for the JSF TCK.

    Depending on the organization of the TCK, it might make more sense for
    cayenne committers to join the Geronimo TCK mailing list rather than
    setting up another one.
[...]

  • Andrus Adamchik at Feb 9, 2007 at 11:06 am

    Depending on the organization of the TCK,
    JPA TCK is a standalone thing according to quoted Geir's message.
    it might make more sense for
    cayenne committers to join the Geronimo TCK mailing list rather than
    setting up another one.
    Just curious, is this how MyFaces community does it?
    I already have an NDA on file for the JSF TCK.
    Turned out I do too. I should get access to the actual JPA TCK shortly.

    Andrus

[...]

  • Mike Kienenberger at Feb 9, 2007 at 3:10 pm
    MyFaces has a separate list because we're the only ones using the JSF TCK.

    If JPA is standalone from whatever Geronimo is testing, it probably
    makes sense to have a separate list. However, since we know that
    OpenJPA (and maybe others) are also going to need access to this list,
    it may make sense to plan for something non-Cayenne-specific.

    Or it may just be that when OpenJPA gets far enough along to test the
    tck, they would just join tck@cayenne.
[...]

groupdev @
categoriescayenne
postedFeb 8, '07 at 5:23p