I am glad to announce Cayenne 2.0.1 release - our first release via
Apache incubator:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAY/2006/10/07/

Enjoy!

Andrus

Search Discussions

  • Kevin Menard at Oct 10, 2006 at 6:20 pm

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    I am glad to announce Cayenne 2.0.1 release - our first release via
    Apache incubator:
    Woo hoo. I imagine there will be maven builds available. If that be
    the case, you'll want to update the documentation pointing to a groupId
    of "org.objectstyle.cayenne"

    --
    Kevin Menard
    Servprise International, Inc.

    http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/

    which resolves to this server path:

    scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-
    repository

    If you (or anyone else) have time to do that, I'd appreciate posting
    the snapshots from 2.0.1 tag and updating the docs (and the site).

    Andrus

    I am glad to announce Cayenne 2.0.1 release - our first release
    via Apache incubator:
    Woo hoo. I imagine there will be maven builds available. If that
    be the case, you'll want to update the documentation pointing to a
    groupId of "org.objectstyle.cayenne"

    --
    Kevin Menard
    Servprise International, Inc.
    "Remote reboot without pulling the plug" -- http://www.servprise.com
  • Kevin Menard at Oct 10, 2006 at 8:04 pm

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    Ok, looks like the release artifacts (as opposed to snapshot
    artifacts) should go in here:
    scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-
    repository

    If you (or anyone else) have time to do that, I'd appreciate posting
    the snapshots from 2.0.1 tag and updating the docs (and the site).
    Is it a case of just SCP'ing the files on people.a.o? If so, I don't
    have any problem doing it. Unfortunately, I've never really deployed
    any maven artifacts.

    --
    Kevin Menard
    Servprise International, Inc.
    "Remote reboot without pulling the plug" -- http://www.servprise.com
  • Andrus Adamchik at Oct 10, 2006 at 8:11 pm
    In case of 2.0.x - yes (as Maven artifacts are built with Ant; for
    3.0 the repo is set up in pom.xml and then "mvn deploy" does the
    job). Also "mvn deploy:deply-file" is a better alternative to scp:

    http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-3rd-party-jars-remote.html

    Site sources are located here (just type ant in the site project dir
    and it will print the upload instructions)

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/site/

    Andrus

    Ok, looks like the release artifacts (as opposed to snapshot
    artifacts) should go in here:
    scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-
    repository

    If you (or anyone else) have time to do that, I'd appreciate
    posting the snapshots from 2.0.1 tag and updating the docs (and
    the site).
    Is it a case of just SCP'ing the files on people.a.o? If so, I
    don't have any problem doing it. Unfortunately, I've never really
    deployed any maven artifacts.

    --
    Kevin Menard
    Servprise International, Inc.
    "Remote reboot without pulling the plug" -- http://www.servprise.com
  • Kevin Menard at Oct 11, 2006 at 12:30 am

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    Ok, looks like the release artifacts (as opposed to snapshot
    artifacts) should go in here:

    scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-
    repository

    If you (or anyone else) have time to do that, I'd appreciate posting
    the snapshots from 2.0.1 tag and updating the docs (and the site).
    Okay, only two more questions, hopefully. Were there actually 2.0.x
    maven snapshots? I've only seen 3.0.x ones. If not, should I just be
    adjusting the 1.2.x POM from ibiblio?

    Thanks,
    Kevin

    --
    Kevin Menard
    Servprise International, Inc.
    "Remote reboot without pulling the plug" -- http://www.servprise.com
  • Andrus Adamchik at Oct 11, 2006 at 12:39 am
    Not a problem.

    There are no snapshots, you have to build them with Ant. Check out
    2.0.1 tag from here:

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cayenne/main/tags/2.0.1/
    cayenne/

    Then build them:

    cd cayenne-ant
    ant mvn-install -Dproject.version=2.0.1-incubating

    This will place the snapshots in your local repo. "cayenne-ant/
    maven/" contains the pom templates used in the build. As far as I can
    tell the group names are already converted to Apache, so you won't
    need to change them.

    Andrus
    Ok, looks like the release artifacts (as opposed to snapshot
    artifacts) should go in here:

    scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-
    repository

    If you (or anyone else) have time to do that, I'd appreciate
    posting the snapshots from 2.0.1 tag and updating the docs (and
    the site).
    Okay, only two more questions, hopefully. Were there actually
    2.0.x maven snapshots? I've only seen 3.0.x ones. If not, should
    I just be adjusting the 1.2.x POM from ibiblio?

    Thanks,
    Kevin

    --
    Kevin Menard
    Servprise International, Inc.
    "Remote reboot without pulling the plug" -- http://www.servprise.com
  • Kevin Menard at Oct 12, 2006 at 3:08 pm
    Maven 2 builds are now available. The instructions on the Web site have
    been updated. Please let me know if you have any problems.

    http://incubator.apache.org/cayenne/download.html

    --

    Kevin Menard wrote:
    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    I am glad to announce Cayenne 2.0.1 release - our first release via
    Apache incubator:
    Woo hoo. I imagine there will be maven builds available. If that be
    the case, you'll want to update the documentation pointing to a
    groupId of "org.objectstyle.cayenne"
  • Andrus Adamchik at Oct 12, 2006 at 3:10 pm
    Excellent, thanks!

    Andrus

    Kevin Menard wrote:
    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    I am glad to announce Cayenne 2.0.1 release - our first release
    via Apache incubator:
    Woo hoo. I imagine there will be maven builds available. If that
    be the case, you'll want to update the documentation pointing to a
    groupId of "org.objectstyle.cayenne"

groupdev @
categoriescayenne
postedOct 7, '06 at 9:55p
activeOct 12, '06 at 3:10p
websitecayenne.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Andrus Adamchik: 5 posts Kevin Menard: 4 posts