Folks,

I created a Maven plugin to build runnable Modeler for different
platforms, based on the same JApplication Ant task that was
successfully used for 2.0 branch. I'll document it better at some point:

http://objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WOL/WOProject-Maven2

Here is how it can be invoked from Maven:

<plugin>
<groupId>org.objectstyle.woproject.maven2</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-japplication-plugin</artifactId>
<configuration>
<mainClass>test.Main</mainClass>
<icon>CayenneModeler.icns</icon>
<os>mac</os>
</configuration>
<executions>
<execution>
<phase>package</phase>
<goals>
<goal>japplication</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

I am going to do a few things now, some of them affecting module naming:

* delete "cayenne/modeler/dvmodeler" (already done)
* rename "cayenne/modeler/modeler" to "cayenne/modeler/cayenne-
modeler" so that folder matches the artifact name
* create "cayenne/modeler/modeler-java" - artifact for cross-platform
Modeler.
* create "cayenne/modeler/modeler-mac" - artifact for Mac Modeler.
* create "cayenne/modeler/modeler-window" - artifact for Windows
Modeler.

This way the Modeler can be built into a single .jar/.app with all
dependencies without running the release assemblies. "cayenne/
assembly" project can benefit from that as well.

Andrus

Search Discussions

  • Andrus Adamchik at Sep 30, 2006 at 4:03 am
    Platform Modeler assemblies are finished. Now you can build a
    platform-specific Modeler with Maven from the trunk code:

    # cd cayenne
    # svn up

    # mvn clean install
    # cd assembly/modeler/cayenne-modeler-mac/ (for other platforms cd to
    cayenne-modeler-win/ or cayenne-modeler-java)
    # mvn package

    The modeler (CayenneModeler.app, CayenneModeler.exe or
    CayenneModeler.jar) will be placed in the "target" dir.

    I guess we can create similar small assembly modules to build cayenne
    1.4 + 1.5 and cayenne-client jars.

    Windows note:

    "mvn clean install" failed because of spaces in the M2 home directory
    when running JPA integration tests. There should be an easy fix...
    just need to work on it.

    Andrus

[...]

  • Andrus Adamchik at Oct 1, 2006 at 1:37 am