HI All,

One last thread tonight...

I wanted to give everyone a heads up to something I just noticed [1].
It is a new policy for the license comments in src files.

The discussion is happening on the leagal-discuss [2] lists now as to
what time frame this will be required in. I've read Sep 1st and that
it might be postponed but either way I think we will have to conform
before the 3.0 release is ready to go.

Anyone have any bandwidth to tackle this change?

TTFN,

-bd-

[1]http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html
[2]http://tinyurl.com/m6x3u

Search Discussions

  • Gentry, Michael \(Contractor\) at Aug 7, 2006 at 1:27 pm
    Unless I'm missing a subtle difference, these are the changes we did a
    few weeks back immediately after 1.2 was released. I even used mogrify
    to add a "See http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 for license
    information." comment to the images. There wasn't enough room to store
    the entire license as a comment, so I improvised a bit (there was no
    direction on how to handle this in the FAQ/etc).

    Thanks,

    /dev/mrg

    I wanted to give everyone a heads up to something I just noticed [1].
    It is a new policy for the license comments in src files.

    The discussion is happening on the leagal-discuss [2] lists now as to
    what time frame this will be required in. I've read Sep 1st and that
    it might be postponed but either way I think we will have to conform
    before the 3.0 release is ready to go.

    Anyone have any bandwidth to tackle this change?

    TTFN,

    -bd-

    [1]http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html
    [2]http://tinyurl.com/m6x3u
  • Andrus Adamchik at Aug 7, 2006 at 1:54 pm