It took me a while to bring our JPA code in sync with the final
release of the spec. Now all the unit tests pass again. This is not
to say that the provider is done :-)

Also there was some parallel effort going on to get access to the Sun
J2EE TCK. Unfortunately (and quite surprisingly to me) there was
deafening silence from the ASF individuals who are dealing with TCK
issues. Wonder why?

Andrus

Search Discussions

  • Bill Dudney at Aug 7, 2006 at 2:20 am
    Jean,

    Any insight on what is going on with the TCK? I cross post to ppmc
    because I want to make sure it grabs your attention (sorry for the
    duplicate).

    Anyone else we can ping to get the TCK?

    TTFN,

    -bd-
    It took me a while to bring our JPA code in sync with the final
    release of the spec. Now all the unit tests pass again. This is not
    to say that the provider is done :-)

    Also there was some parallel effort going on to get access to the
    Sun J2EE TCK. Unfortunately (and quite surprisingly to me) there
    was deafening silence from the ASF individuals who are dealing with
    TCK issues. Wonder why?

    Andrus
  • Jean T. Anderson at Aug 7, 2006 at 3:02 am

    Bill Dudney wrote:
    Jean,

    Any insight on what is going on with the TCK? I cross post to ppmc
    because I want to make sure it grabs your attention (sorry for the
    duplicate).
    Mentors are subscribed to the dev list -- and that's best place to post.
    I don't know anything about the TCK, so hadn't paid close attention to
    this thread. I'll go back and read it and see where I might able to help.
    Anyone else we can ping to get the TCK?
    Does http://www.apache.org/jcp offer any helpful info?

    -jean

    TTFN,

    -bd-
    It took me a while to bring our JPA code in sync with the final
    release of the spec. Now all the unit tests pass again. This is not
    to say that the provider is done :-)

    Also there was some parallel effort going on to get access to the Sun
    J2EE TCK. Unfortunately (and quite surprisingly to me) there was
    deafening silence from the ASF individuals who are dealing with TCK
    issues. Wonder why?

    Andrus
  • Jean T. Anderson at Aug 7, 2006 at 3:13 am

    Jean T. Anderson wrote:
    Bill Dudney wrote:
    Jean,

    Any insight on what is going on with the TCK? I cross post to ppmc
    because I want to make sure it grabs your attention (sorry for the
    duplicate).
    Mentors are subscribed to the dev list -- and that's best place to post.
    I don't know anything about the TCK, so hadn't paid close attention to
    this thread. I'll go back and read it and see where I might able to help.
    And I think my email must be mired in volume for I'm not spotting
    anything (either that or my client is dropping posts).
    Anyone else we can ping to get the TCK?
    Does http://www.apache.org/jcp offer any helpful info?
    On http://www.apache.org/jcp in the section titled "Testing with a TCK"
    there's this instruction:
    A project can request access to a TCK by sending email to the JCP open list.
    The text "the JCP Open list" is linked to
    "mailto:jcp-open@apache.org?Subject=Need TCK for Apache Project". Did
    that already happen?

    -jean
  • Bill Dudney at Aug 7, 2006 at 3:23 am
    Hi Jean,

    I just sent the email to the JCP Open list requesting access to the TCK.

    I also would like everyone that wants access to the TCK to execute
    the NDA and respond to the mail I'm about to send in another thread.

    TTFN,

    -bd-

[...]

  • Andrus Adamchik at Aug 7, 2006 at 4:16 am