caching on some of the tables.

- Tore.

Search Discussions

  • Gentry, Michael \(Contractor\) at Apr 27, 2006 at 10:04 pm
    I've not looked at JCS, but I was thinking just the other day that I'd
    like to be able to more finely tune the caching -- heavily cache entity
    A, but lightly cache entity B. Or set different times-to-live in the
    cache for different entities. Haven't had time to look into what is
    involved (among other things) in order to do that, though.

    /dev/mrg

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Tore Halset
    Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2006 5:43 PM
    To: cayenne-dev@incubator.apache.org
    Subject: jcs - something for cayenne?

    Hello.

    I was at a java user group meeting today. A guy talked about jcs and
    it looked great. I have not used it before, but perhaps it can be
    used in cayenne as an alternative to the commons LRUMap? Anyone here
    used jcs for anything?

    http://jakarta.apache.org/jcs/

    What I would like to have in cayenne is the option to have less
    caching on some of the tables.

    - Tore.
  • Brian McCallister at Apr 28, 2006 at 6:08 pm
    I might suggest that second-level caching should probably be
    seperated and very easily pluggable. Plugging in arbitrary
    implementations is fairly important in most significant apps I have
    worked with which were able to use O/RM and a second level cache.

    -Brian