Resending this for the nth time after having the attachment rejected as
spam...

With b2 impending, I thought I'd share the current state of the docs. I've
retooled a lot... the attempt to use integrate with the anakia templates wa=
a waste of time. The way it handles the TOC generation is a bit limiting.
So, I've just combined a simple velocity template with a whole bunch of
regexp loving to get to where we're at now. I'm sure a more elegant solutio=
exists, but being as we have to get this thing done, and being as any Apach=
mandates might change how we do this, I didn't want to go crazy :)

There were a lot of interesting issues, as we basically had to post-process
the Confluence-rendered HTML to rewrite different types of links. The
attached docs still have an issue with cross-linking to other documents (it
can link to child docs but not across the tree). There is also a cute
rendering bug in IE on the toc (border shows inside the bullets). All quick
fixes, but I wanted to get what's done out there for comment.

I also put a little hack in to specify page ordering - within an {excerpt}
on a page, you can specify the sort order you would like for children. I've
already included this on the User Guide page. Confluence doesn't honor it o=
course, but the static export does.

Also, I scrapped the existing doc template in favor of something more
consistent with the Confluence documentation format. It is all velocity/css
styled though, so we can easily move back if anyone objects. Let me know
what you guys think.

Cris

Search Discussions

  • Mike Kienenberger at Apr 17, 2006 at 3:03 pm