As I rebuild my schemas on Oracle today, I notice that there's no way
to specify not to create a "PK generation Strategy" for a join table
with only dependent primary keys.

I was hoping that "default" would work, but I was expecting too much :)

Search Discussions

  • Mike Kienenberger at Apr 13, 2006 at 3:44 pm
    There's also no way to force it to use a table for pk generation.
    The choices are:

    default -- for Oracle, make up a sequence
    database-generated - autoinc columns
    custom -- specify a sequence
    As I rebuild my schemas on Oracle today, I notice that there's no way
    to specify not to create a "PK generation Strategy" for a join table
    with only dependent primary keys.

    I was hoping that "default" would work, but I was expecting too much :)
  • Mike Kienenberger at Apr 13, 2006 at 3:50 pm
    Ok. It did get "smarter" once I switched my join table primary keys
    from "toMany" to "toOne".

    I still think there should be a way to manually specify both "none"
    and "auto pk table" primary key generation methods. I'll open a post
    1.2 jira issue.
    There's also no way to force it to use a table for pk generation.
    The choices are:

    default -- for Oracle, make up a sequence
    database-generated - autoinc columns
    custom -- specify a sequence
    As I rebuild my schemas on Oracle today, I notice that there's no way
    to specify not to create a "PK generation Strategy" for a join table
    with only dependent primary keys.

    I was hoping that "default" would work, but I was expecting too much :)

groupdev @
categoriescayenne
postedApr 13, '06 at 3:42p
activeApr 13, '06 at 3:50p